Help me! I need some good advice for Vandertseen speakers

geowak

Re: Help me! I need some good advice for Vandertseen speakers
« Reply #40 on: 14 Mar 2012, 03:52 am »
UL mode.

Truly this amp is a sleeper. The Chinese have figured out that they don't have to manufacture brands from Europe and USA and Canada. They can design as well or better than other brands and manufacture plus sell to the rest of the world at a reduced price.

craig223

« Reply #41 on: 14 Mar 2012, 01:13 pm »
Drive my Vandersteen 2CE speakers with:
Audio Research preamp
Symphonic Line amp (available from Odyssey)

Be sure to use speaker cables that are heavy enough to handle the power.  This setup works very well.  It is really great on analog sources like turntables, fm tuner and tape.

Craig

Mr645

« Reply #42 on: 14 Mar 2012, 02:00 pm »
I'm using a Parasound HCS-855a to power my 2Ce.  I am using 2 channels to each speaker and no complaints with the set up.  Even rated at 85x5, it's proven to be more the n3 times more powerful then the Pioneer Elite receiver that acts as the processor (Rated at 110x7).

Parasound, Bryston, B&K, Carver are some brands that can be found used for a great value.

geowak

« Reply #43 on: 14 Mar 2012, 06:06 pm »
Yes a long time ago I had a Symphonic Line integrated amp from Klaus as a loaner. A very fine unit. I liked it better than the Odyssey gear!!

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #44 on: 13 May 2012, 07:00 pm »
Dminches wrote "The 2CEs are the best value in speaker history.  I think I liked them more than my 3A Sigs."
Really this cannot be true for I own 2CEs and the original model 3 and the model 3 is the better loudspeaker to my ears as far as bass and power handling.

Though I must respect your opinion and take it into consideration as I am still comtemplating upgrading my model three to A, SIG status.

Possibly your source is not revealing enough and if you did finally upgrade to using TUBE amps then your opinion might be swayed about which speaker is better.