Black Country Communion

Rclark

Black Country Communion
« on: 25 Dec 2011, 11:39 pm »
 Never heard about them till Glen Hughes was the guest guitarist on That Metal Show. Guest bassist anyway. So I'm watching their live performance I DVR'd off Paladia and they are AWESOME! I'm gonna go pick up their albums, anyone else aware of them?  I love supergroups.

Glenn Hughes
Jason Bonham
Derek Sherinian
Joe Bonamassa

TONEPUB

Re: Black Country Communion
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2011, 02:03 am »
Haven't heard the 2nd one yet, but like the first.

Here's another one for you, an oldie but a goodie..

S/T:  Hughes/Thrall

Rclark

« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2011, 02:10 am »
Thanks, I'll check that out!

I'm actually rewatching the Paladia performance right now. This is my first exposure to Glenn, never even heard Deep Purple. He is a wildman, and such a showman, and the band is incredible, and the music is right up there with the best music of Crooked Vultures, etc, insert favorite supergroup. I plan on picking up both albums tommorrow.

Delacroix

« Reply #3 on: 26 Dec 2011, 02:30 am »
I have both albums, the first is the better of the two in my view but it may be that I've listened to it more. Never even heard Deep Purple with Glenn? Try Burn and then, once you've picked your jaw off the floor, you can proceed from there :)

Yes, Glenn is a wildman now in the best sense of being a showman, but he was a wildman back then in the worst sense, as you can learn in his new autobiography. He has a fabulous voice and a great sense of songwriting too -- his solo stuff is worth a look for sure too, he's been around a long time, going back to Trapeze in the early 70s. Soul, funk and rock in one joyful blend that is pretty unique. Enjoy.

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2011, 02:41 am »

Yeah, he's 60! But he has the energy and swagger of a much younger man. I love watching him play on this concert. The term "badass" came up several times in thought.

There are a lot of bands I've never checked out. I was always new new new new. It wasn't until a few years ago I got into RUSH and a lot of bands I never listened to because they were too "old". Now I know better. A lot of those old bands and albums just crush, still.

Rclark

« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2011, 03:23 am »
I"m watching it a third time. That never happens. Of course, I would already have hit the record store. But it's Christmas.

milford3

« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2011, 03:32 am »
I love the Medal Show.  I thought I was the only one watching this show. Even my girl friend (Who is not a medal fan) LIKES THE SHOW.  Holy Crap.

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2011, 03:39 am »
KEEP HER. I started watching a few weeks ago. Now I DVR the new ones. You catch a lot of great stuff on it. There's a lot of crap, like when they pick best of's, but the interviews are gold, gold I tell you!

And man, while you're DVR'ing stuff, go to Paladia and find the next showing of Black Country Communion, I dare you to tell me they suck.