Ncore demand peaked?

genjamon

Ncore demand peaked?
« on: 28 Jan 2014, 05:08 pm »
Hey guys,

I've had this pair of Ncore monoblocks posted over in the trading post for a while now, with only a few little nibbles.  I've been told people think it's a fair price.  What gives?  Has demand for Ncore ebbed?  Do most people who want them probably already have them at this point?  Is there a hot new kid on the block I haven't heard about?

Just curious...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121581.0

this_is_vv

Re: Ncore demand peaked?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2014, 05:46 pm »
it's really a great price...somehow i believe what you are saying....seems there are some other notewrothy new comers....recently saw a 3 channel ncore gone for 2000 only...

V

dspringham

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2014, 05:50 pm »
Typical cycle of "15 minutes" of fame. Seems ncore has used up it's allocation and it's on to the next "latest and greatest".

Looks like the Job 225 is in the lime-light now (and the clock is ticking)!

By the way, has anyone directly compared the NC400 with the Job? Comments?

jtsnead

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2014, 06:52 pm »
Here is a member who found the Job to be better than Ncore

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=117631.0

genjamon

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2014, 07:05 pm »
I have both Job and Ncore, actually.  I find they both do different things well and would synergize with different types of systems.  Job is 100 watts per channel and doesn't have the bass control, power, or the completely accurate tonal balance of the Ncore.  Job is a little "faster" and is a bit sweeter, but lighter and more airy than the Ncore, which could also be a bit leaner on some systems.  I believe Part-Time Audiophile found this to be the case when he had them on Maggies (not surprising result, and who would have recommended that amp/speaker pairing to begin with?).  I would say they both have similar levels of detail retrieval, but a different character.  To me, it's a matter of preferences and system synergy.  But I've also never heard the Ncore fully balanced and would like to. 

But I'm taking a big leap at the moment to TRL Samsons, so that's why my Ncores are for sale.  Again, it's a matter of system synergy.  In my system, the Samsons do magical things.  But I heard the same electronics setup sound pretty muddy and confused with some different speakers that then really cleared up with Ncores in place.  Go figure.  Ncores play in some pretty highly refined company.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2014, 07:30 pm »
The used market pretty much sucks for everything now unless you're giving it away. 

wilsynet

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2014, 07:53 pm »
Have you tried putting it on Audiogon?

this_is_vv

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:01 pm »
The used market pretty much sucks for everything now unless you're giving it away.

agreee on this...have 4 item on sale none getting sold here...had to put it on ebay ....

V

genjamon

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:12 pm »
Yeah, it's probably just the glut of cool equipment out there to try and generally slow second-hand markets.  I've had it up on Agon since Saturday with nary a nibble there.  I kept at the original price for Agon with a $100 discount here on AC.  I really really hope I don't have to consider Ebay...

sts9fan

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:14 pm »
I'll only say this because it's not your ad thread. The price is too high. If it has not sold then it's too high. Trying to get 100% of the module price seems high. Plus it's a DIY product. You can't expect 80% of what you payed.

genjamon

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:16 pm »
I appreciate the feedback, sts9fan.  Others have offered supportive comments that the price is good, but clearly it's probably not if people aren't going for it.

sts9fan

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:20 pm »
I did not mean to be harsh.  I totally feel your pain.  There was an Ncore frenzy that was allowing folks to flip them for basically less the shipping.  Seems like that ship has sailed. 

jtsnead

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:34 pm »
I have had my phono stage for sale with no bites also,
I was very interested in your amps genjamon since they
are supposed to be better than my ClassD amps, however
I bought a Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE from another AC member
I thought this might make more of a difference in my system.
Plus I just got a LKV Research phono stage and I might change
my cables to balanced

Also I dont like the gold/champagne color, pretty nit picky I know :oops:
but it might have something to do with it

genjamon

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:45 pm »
Yeah, that's true.  The cases are a bit unconventional and might factor into it.  Small enough to be tucked out of the way if you don't like, and the front fascia can be changed pretty easily if you want, but still.  If you're gonna buy something with this level of investment, you probably want it to look nice, and if you don't like the color...I guess I could understand that.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:50 pm »

Plus I just got a LKV Research phono stage and I might change
my cables to balanced

I am not trying to hijackv-- just a little detour.  :oops:

Post your impression of the LKV Research phono stage when you get a chance.  I thought it was a good unit at Gill's house.  He sends out the best news letters.

Thanks,

Now back to Ncore....

jonbee

« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2014, 08:52 pm »
Great amps, great price. At another time they would be gone quickly. However... the economy is much weaker than many seem to think, and the resale market has simply dried up on many discretionary products, and stereo gear is really in the dumps. I've noticed over the years the stereo market is very sensitive to this ebb and flow in the economy. Not much comfort for those who need to sell fast, but I've been picking up some bargains and am not planning to sell anything major for quite awhile.

cab

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:49 pm »
You might try parting them out and selling them on diyaudio...I know someone looking for one ncore module ! :D

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jan 2014, 11:00 pm »

+100.

Best,
Anand.

Ps: enjoy the snow !

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #18 on: 28 Jan 2014, 11:01 pm »
You might try parting them out and selling them on diyaudio...I know someone looking for one ncore module ! :D

And I'm the other one...

Best,
Anand.

a.wayne

« Reply #19 on: 28 Jan 2014, 11:42 pm »
Typically 50% of retail to move, higher you will have to wait for a sale.....