BDP-1 and CF Card at 88% Cap, Error 09

Krutsch

BDP-1 and CF Card at 88% Cap, Error 09
« on: 7 Jun 2019, 05:23 pm »
Hi All, my BDP-1's internal storage is showing at 88% capacity in the Media Player settings.

It seems to be growing. I've been using Roon almost exclusively, but I recently went back to MPD.

Now, when I boot the BDP-1, I am sometimes seeing an Error 9. If I pull/reset the power plug and reboot, it boots up just fine.

It is running fine, now. Is there something I can do to clear the CF card storage issue?

S2.40 2019-06-03
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.21 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

Chris, if you want to look at it: Service ID: 154

Thanks, in advance, Ken.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BDP-1 and CF Card at 88% Cap, Error 09
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2019, 06:46 pm »
Hi Ken,

You can empty the bryston db cache from with in media player settings.  The BDP-1's over the last year or so have stared to show there age and the error code isn't related to the amount of space used on the CF card.  It could be something as simple as the mainboards battery requires replacing or something else related to the error code.  Please see page 14 of the BDP-2 manual as it does related to the BDP-1 as well.

http://bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/300030[BDP2].pdf

Chris

Krutsch

Re: BDP-1 and CF Card at 88% Cap, Error 09
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2019, 08:00 pm »

You can empty the bryston db cache from with in media player settings. 

When I try that, I see an alert: "Cache, whoops!" ... literally  :o

EDIT: will reset to factory wipe the CF card?

EDIT 2: OK, I cleared the cache a couple of more times (same message), but then I switched back to Roon Ready mode, rebooted and now it shows 1% usage. Also, I am no longer seeing Error 9 on reboots, so I think I am all set.
« Last Edit: 9 Jun 2019, 05:22 pm by Krutsch »