Inline King Maraschinos not going into sleep mode

Nsm1979

Inline King Maraschinos not going into sleep mode
« on: 19 Feb 2021, 12:10 am »
I am looking for some help to resolve my issue with the inline King mono amps failing to power off when a signal is no longer present. My system is an iPad controlling a Node 2i, feeding a DAC DAC hs1, feeding Inline King Maraschinos, driving Spatial M4 Turbo S speakers.  This situation has only recently started to begin happening since I replaced an Arcam Rplay with a Bluesound Node 2i.  With the Arcam, the amps powered down quickly once the Qobuz app was closed. I also have a subwoofer connected to the Node 2i via the subwoofer output, and it does goes into sleep mode when music is not playing.

It appears that the DAC DAC is sensing a signal from the Node 2i, even though the Bluesound app has been closed and the iPad shutdown. Two lights on the DAC DAC remain lit. 

I have gone into the main settings and set the sleep timer to 15 minutes.  It counts down to zero, but the amps red lights remain lit.

I could really use some advice on how to get the inline amps to power down when using a Bluesound Node2i. 

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: Inline King Maraschinos not going into sleep mode
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:23 am »
I am looking for some help to resolve my issue with the inline King mono amps failing to power off when a signal is no longer present. My system is an iPad controlling a Node 2i, feeding a DAC DAC hs1, feeding Inline King Maraschinos, driving Spatial M4 Turbo S speakers.  This situation has only recently started to begin happening since I replaced an Arcam Rplay with a Bluesound Node 2i.  With the Arcam, the amps powered down quickly once the Qobuz app was closed. I also have a subwoofer connected to the Node 2i via the subwoofer output, and it does goes into sleep mode when music is not playing.

It appears that the DAC DAC is sensing a signal from the Node 2i, even though the Bluesound app has been closed and the iPad shutdown. Two lights on the DAC DAC remain lit. 

I have gone into the main settings and set the sleep timer to 15 minutes.  It counts down to zero, but the amps red lights remain lit.

I could really use some advice on how to get the inline amps to power down when using a Bluesound Node2i. 

Thanks in advance.

Neil.
Neil,

Try pausing a 44k or 48k track.  Do the amps sleep (after about 8 minutes)?  Try the same with a 96k or 192k track.  Thanks.

-Tommy O

Nsm1979

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:26 am »
Thanks Tommy

Nsm1979

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:49 am »
Thanks again Tommy.  96k on pause for 8 minutes triggered the sleep mode.  FYI, 44k on pause for 8 minutes did not trigger the sleep mode.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2021, 04:09 am »
Thanks again Tommy.  96k on pause for 8 minutes triggered the sleep mode.  FYI, 44k on pause for 8 minutes did not trigger the sleep mode.
Strange, the opposite (sleep works at lower sample rates) is what I expected you'd say.  Older ILMs and DTMs can "wake up" from ultrasonic noise that is filtered off more at lower sample rates.