"New" vintage system build up

bogiedr

"New" vintage system build up
« on: 26 Jan 2012, 01:36 am »
Greetings! I am planning to put together a vintage 2 channel system for our living room. My wife is all for it, she has become a bit of an audiophile! (Geepers, I am lucky, she loves sports, home theater, hi fidelity equipment and sports cars ... she is also a hell of a cook!!). ANyway, my first choice, or obsession, is a Sansui AU 717 integreated amp. I have a Luxman PX 100 table that will go wit this system. For speakers, I am using my Thiel CS2's and CS3's in the home theater, (it rocks!!!), so I am torn between Klipsch Cornwalls, ADS 600, Dalquist DQ10's and maybe some Missions 700. Any thoughts out there? Maybe some AR's? Would love to find a set of Three D acoustics which I owned in the 80's, but so far no success. ANyway, just thought I'd have fun listening to you vintage folks out there, nice way of reminising over vintage equipment.
Hit them straight. 8)

orthobiz

Re: "New" vintage system build up
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2012, 01:38 am »
I am a monogamous DQ-10 guy. Had them since the 70's, original owner. Never moved on. Still happy!

Paul

Lyndon

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2012, 01:40 am »
bogiedr,
I always liked Sansui as well. 
You might want to post this at Audiokarma as well, as they have one of the best sites for the pieces you are mentioning.
They are also going to have an AK Fest this spring, which if it was closer to me, I would definitely be there.
Good luck with that system.
Lyndon

bogiedr

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2012, 01:51 am »
DQ-10's are awesome. Coincidentally, Dalquist owned Three D Acoustics! First satellite  / sub system I ever owned, sounded awesome.

bogiedr

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2012, 01:52 am »
Lyndon, thanks for the tip, heading that way to check it out!