I am thinking of buying an HD AVA for 2 channel listening- your thoughts?

triumph

I think my mind melted trying to think of how you loop the USB DAC RCA outputs into an analogue input, then out the 7.1 outputs???  yikes!

chrisc

• Listen to the great composers
I think my mind melted trying to think of how you loop the USB DAC RCA outputs into an analogue input, then out the 7.1 outputs???  yikes!

Well, its quite easy.  Take two short (150mm) RCA leads and plug them in.  Then choose AN-1 and there is the sound.  The power amp is already attached to the 7.1 outputs.

What I wanted was your opinion, one way or the other

WhatIsHiFi

Bumping an old thread - I've just started putting together my first HIFI system.

I'm considering purchasing the NuPrime HD-AVA primarily to use in a 2.1 system (speakers will be KEF LS50 paired with a sub-woofer KUBE-1). It appeals to me considering the sources I can attach. Would somebody using this in a similar setup please share your experiences/ opinions. Would this be a better option than the IDA-8 which is in the same price bracket.

Thank you,
Ami

envydd

After trying out a Yamaha receiver and a IDA-6 (which was ok too), I stepped up and got a HD-AVA for my LS50 monitors. Super happy - the LS50s sing from about -15dB in my room, sometimes at -10 - effortlessly. Hence an AVA + Kube + LS50 should be good.

Bumping an old thread - I've just started putting together my first HIFI system.

I'm considering purchasing the NuPrime HD-AVA primarily to use in a 2.1 system (speakers will be KEF LS50 paired with a sub-woofer KUBE-1). It appeals to me considering the sources I can attach. Would somebody using this in a similar setup please share your experiences/ opinions. Would this be a better option than the IDA-8 which is in the same price bracket.

Thank you,
Ami

WhatIsHiFi

After trying out a Yamaha receiver and a IDA-6 (which was ok too), I stepped up and got a HD-AVA for my LS50 monitors. Super happy - the LS50s sing from about -15dB in my room, sometimes at -10 - effortlessly. Hence an AVA + Kube + LS50 should be good.

Thanks for sharing! If I may - What sources have you been using? Stored media on HDD?

Have you perceived any difference in sound when source is connected to via USB vs HDMI vs TOS?

envydd

My sources: Oppo 203 for SACDs (analog in), Chromecast Audio for Youtube Red etc (Optical), Macbook Pro (Optical), Linux box running Daphile (USB).

The USB connection seems to be better than the Optical ones. I think the other digital inputs pass via the other AV DAC. The analog inputs should ideally go through the IDA16 module directly (but might be good to cross check with NuP support)

triumph

Well, its quite easy.  Take two short (150mm) RCA leads and plug them in.  Then choose AN-1 and there is the sound.  The power amp is already attached to the 7.1 outputs.

What I wanted was your opinion, one way or the other

Well, it took a while, but I finally tried this!

It works well indeed.
The only thing is that sometimes, there's some phasing issue, but cycling through Pure Audio and Pure Direct fixes that.