They're here!

Saturn94

They're here!
« on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:07 am »
My HT2-TLs arrived today.  Needless to say I've been very busy since.  I'll post some pictures for now and post a review some time later after I've had some time with them.

Where's the FedEx truck? :?

Jim and crew really know how to pack a speaker.

I didn't care for the standard spikes, so I got the bullet shape ones.  They look great!

Yes, that's the back of the speaker. :wink:  I had magnets put on the back to hold the grills out of the way when not in use.

Two and a half hours later.....I had to do the unpacking/setup by myself and was being very careful. :icon_lol:  How about that lovely homemade TV stand! :oops:  For now I placed the speakers in the same position my ADSs were in.

Well, that's it for now.  BTW, this is my first time posting pictures, so if it doesn't work right be easy on me. :oops:

Meicheng

Re: They're here!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:11 am »
Looking Good!  Wait till you hear your favorite music, you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face.

TJHUB

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:23 am »
They look fantastic.  Great job with the "FedEx" truck.  My FedEx truck was a rental too.  Nonetheless, good job keeping the tradition alive!  :thumb:

That was a great idea having the extra magnets installed on the back of the speakers.  I wish I had done that.

Looking forward to your listening impressions.  Make sure you listen to Jim's demo CD.

ratso

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:34 am »
you're going to be one happy guy  :green:

very clever, that whole magnet thing.

woodsart

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:55 am »
CONGRATULATIONS! Jim, I know you are glad the final days of waiting are over and that they arrived safely.

You will definitely have a great time listening to some of the best speakers made for years to come, maybe longer than those ADSes.

Rob

Mudslide

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:58 am »
you're going to be one happy guy  :green:

very clever, that whole magnet thing.

Great pics!

Congrats, Saturn!  My drooling shall commence!   :drool: :drool: :drool:  (And oh yeah...I'm jealous of the blue sky in your Fake-Fedex truck photo.  Grey and dreary here on the Oregon coast.   :()

And I agree...jolly good idea on the rear magnets.

martyo

« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2011, 09:47 am »
Awesome Saturn. :thumb:

Grey and dreary here on the Oregon coast.

But it is the Oregon coast! :D

Saturn94

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2011, 02:50 pm »
Thanks guys. :)

R Swerdlow

« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2011, 03:58 pm »
Oh Happy Day!  :green:  :green:  :green:

They look great.

Nuance

« Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:31 pm »
Woohoo - congrats, Saturn!  They look great!  And jeez, your TV isn't big enough.  :lol:

I look forward to your impressions.

Saturn94

« Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:40 pm »
Woohoo - congrats, Saturn!  They look great!  And jeez, your TV isn't big enough.  :lol:

I look forward to your impressions.

Actually the TV could be a little bigger and I wouldn't mind.:lol:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:54 pm »
Nice looking setup Saturn. Congratulations & Welcome to the Salk family.   :thumb:  Good pics too ! Have fun rediscovering your music library.

Nuance

« Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2011, 06:11 pm »
Actually the TV could be a little bigger and I wouldn't mind.:lol:

Is it the 60 inch Elite?  I have a non-Elite Kuro and wish I would have bought 2 more plus a 60 inch Elite. :)

jd3

« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2011, 07:55 pm »
Very nice!   :thumb:

mathgeek97

« Reply #14 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:35 pm »
Congrats Saturn.  They look great.  Welcome to the HT2-TL owners club!!!
I also love the magnets in the back.  Why didn't I think about that before?
Oh, and lose that glass table. :)

charmerci

« Reply #15 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:35 pm »
Really interested in your impressions (though I probably know already! :lol:) since I have followed your search way back on the other Salk audio forum - haven't been there in a while so I forgot which one.

(I am rather curious because long ago I had the ADS L810's - my brother should still have them.)

Saturn94

« Reply #16 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:42 pm »
Is it the 60 inch Elite?  I have a non-Elite Kuro and wish I would have bought 2 more plus a 60 inch Elite. :)

Yes it is.  Love it!

Saturn94

« Reply #17 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:54 pm »
Congrats Saturn.  They look great.  Welcome to the HT2-TL owners club!!!
I also love the magnets in the back.  Why didn't I think about that before?
Oh, and lose that glass table. :)

I actually got the idea to put magnets on the back from someone else here some time ago.

Unfortunately the glass table stays (oh to have my own listening room!).  Placing items on the table does help.

Really interested in your impressions (though I probably know already! :lol:) since I have followed your search way back on the other Salk audio forum - haven't been there in a while so I forgot which one.

(I am rather curious because long ago I had the ADS L810's - my brother should still have them.)

I do plan to post my impressions and comparison after I've had more time with the HT2-TLs.  Stay tuned.....

chrisw

• Avid hiker
« Reply #18 on: 17 Feb 2011, 01:39 am »
Congratulations, Saturn.. I bet you're thrilled to have them finally after the extended wait for the RAAL tweeters. I've had my HT2-TL system for about two weeks now and I couldn't be more thrilled!

For the first time last night, I played some old bass sampler CDs while trying to chase down any potential rattles in the room, and I was utterly astounded by the amount of bass these were producing! I haven't played those types of CDs since high school and I had almost decided the music just wasn't classy enough to give them a play on the HT2-TLs, but I gave it a try anyway and I'm glad I did.  :green:

On a side note, has anyone confirmed whether the tweeters in the HT2-TLs are the RAAL 70-20XR tweeters? I've been tempted to open them to take a peek, but I figured it would be easier to just ask.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #19 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:15 am »
Congratulations, Saturn.. I bet you're thrilled to have them finally after the extended wait for the RAAL tweeters. I've had my HT2-TL system for about two weeks now and I couldn't be more thrilled!

For the first time last night, I played some old bass sampler CDs while trying to chase down any potential rattles in the room, and I was utterly astounded by the amount of bass these were producing! I haven't played those types of CDs since high school and I had almost decided the music just wasn't classy enough to give them a play on the HT2-TLs, but I gave it a try anyway and I'm glad I did.  :green:

On a side note, has anyone confirmed whether the tweeters in the HT2-TLs are the RAAL 70-20XR tweeters? I've been tempted to open them to take a peek, but I figured it would be easier to just ask.

Yes, Jim is using the 20XR OEM version, which can be crossed about 1000 Hz lower than the non-OEM 10mm version, and it doesn't need those klunky vertical diffusor pads that just get eaten by Golden Retrievers anyhow.  Plus, Jim is springing for the more expensive amorphous core version of the 20XR.