Servey on waitng for Nicholas??

toledo

Re: Servey on waitng for Nicholas??
« Reply #40 on: 29 Jul 2008, 05:37 am »
My DAC and TVC were delivered today. Already unpacked and pictures up on my gallery. :thumb:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1524

I have only had a chance to listen to a cd, but the sound is what I was expecting and asked Nick to concentrate on when designing the tube DAC ... great harmonics and decay, vinyl like smoothness ... very easy on the ears ... non fatiguing ... tons of detail ... just what the doctor ordered.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #41 on: 29 Jul 2008, 06:43 am »
My DAC and TVC were delivered today. Already unpacked and pictures up on my gallery. :thumb:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1524

I have only had a chance to listen to a cd, but the sound is what I was expecting and asked Nick to concentrate on when designing the tube DAC ... great harmonics and decay, vinyl like smoothness ... very easy on the ears ... non fatiguing ... tons of detail ... just what the doctor ordered.

Congratulations,,, that's some sweet looking gear you've got there. :drool: :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

jadis boy

« Reply #42 on: 29 Jul 2008, 08:03 am »
my C-core Tvc i not receive yet and the 6C33C he need more 1.5 week  :green:(i order before 1 .1/2 month)
nicholas he send me e-mail 21/7/2008 and he tell me he send the TVC
 i ask for tranking number and not send me yet :dunno: very bad :green:
i call in here DHL and if dont have tranking number ,  for find need the full andreeses *promitheus* (*post code and more information
if  have someone this information please tell me .
 :rock:
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 09:59 am by jadis boy »

rythmik

• Industry Participant
    • Rythmik Audio
« Reply #43 on: 6 Aug 2008, 09:51 pm »

How can I get hold of Nick?  He doesn't seem to want to reply back to me. He still owe me a pair of amplifiers.

Oscillate

« Reply #44 on: 7 Aug 2008, 01:27 pm »
*I am amending this post because I have recieved a reply from Nicholas today.

I look forward to being able to post reviews of his products at sometime in the future.

« Last Edit: 7 Aug 2008, 03:02 pm by Oscillate »

rythmik

• Industry Participant
    • Rythmik Audio
« Reply #45 on: 7 Aug 2008, 04:35 pm »

How can I get hold of Nick?  He doesn't seem to want to reply back to me. He still owe me a pair of amplifiers.

I also got an email and tracking number from him. Looks like he is back from a busy plan.  Thank you, Nick. 

Audionut1

« Reply #46 on: 12 Aug 2008, 11:22 pm »
Nicholas, if you are reading this board I hope you'll respond...

I received a Reference C-core TVC and C-core DAC last spring after several months of waiting.  The wait was at least somewhat acceptable given the work that goes into these products.  By the way, I'm very happy with the performance of these products.

A power cord was suppose to have been included with the DAC but was not, I was missing one of the stock footers for the DAC, and the DAC PCBA was not secured to the threaded stand-offs.  But still, I was happy with the sound after sufficient burn-in.

In early may I ordered 3 sets of Ebony cones, asked for a 6ft power cord with an additional $50, and the missing stock footer.  Over 3 months later - still no delivery.

I managed to catch Nicholas at the computer one evening (6/25) and exchanged a few emails.  He said he'd shipped my package a month earlier, air mail, and assumed I'd received it.  He also said he could ship again via DHL "to make sure it arrives".  I said that would be appreciated and requested the DHL tracking number once it shipped. It's been 7 weeks since this correspondence and no tracking number, no response to my inquiries what so ever, and no delivery.

I've asked for my money back but I'll accept the product if it happens to show up.

Audionut1

« Reply #47 on: 15 Aug 2008, 05:58 pm »
Would you believe the package arrived just yesterday?  Thanks Nicholas.

Oscillate

« Reply #48 on: 16 Aug 2008, 08:41 pm »
I received my two RCA50 PushPull mono-blocks from Promitheus Audio on Thursday 8/14/08.
That was good. There are some issues however and I am about to E-mail Nicholas to see how
he wishes to handle the situation. He had stated in an E-mail that his whole operation (ie ordering,
manufacturing and shipping) are now all in one building. So I am hoping that should make it much
easier for him to provide 'end to end' customer service in the future.

{Edited to add...} I received a response from Nicholas today, 8/19. The issues have been resolved.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2008, 01:09 am by Oscillate »

jdechamp

« Reply #49 on: 8 Sep 2008, 06:52 pm »
Ordered Balanced Interconnects 4/16, received 9/8.

jadis boy

« Reply #50 on: 9 Sep 2008, 12:01 pm »
Ordered Balanced Interconnects 4/16, received 9/8.
5 months wow  :duh:
why
i wait 3 months for tvc and 3 months for 6C33C Amp
for cable is ready time to order RCA cable
i dont no why late for you

NewBuyer

« Reply #51 on: 15 Sep 2008, 11:16 am »
Over eight months now and still no delivery from Nicholas. :(

Lots of excuses and promises at first, then just silence.

Nicholas does not reply to any of my emails AT ALL.

I think he has decided to just simply keep my money.

No remedy either since he is in Malaysia.

Very ticked off by this.

Buyers beware, something is very wrong at Promitheus.

elb

« Reply #52 on: 15 Sep 2008, 08:51 pm »
I agree.Prospective buyers avoid Promitheus.

Gpj

« Reply #53 on: 16 Sep 2008, 03:33 am »
While I enjoy my Ref 4 and have fond memories of my conversations w Nick ( a year or more ago) I have to say that this is no way to run a business. Based on what I read here it would seem to be foolish to blindly order equipment from Malaysia.   I hope Prom. gets back on track.   Gerry

romandoc

• http://romandoc.com/
« Reply #54 on: 16 Sep 2008, 03:58 pm »
Well, after having wired  $2975 to Malaysia for a "custom preamp" 8 months ago and not having received anything yet I have to agree that anyone doing business with Promitheus Audio from this point on is foolish and is simply throwing his money out the window.
Did this guy really turn into a thief? If so, every single audio magazine and audio person in North America needs to know and avoid at all costs.
I'm sure there has to be some recourse, Malaysia has a legal system in place, someone should pay him a visit at some point.
We'll see how this pans out.
By the way, if I had the option of getting my money back, I would, even at 75 cents on the dollar, many, many, many much better options out there for the money when you factor in customer service.

Romandoc
Cleveland,OH, USA

Gpj

« Reply #55 on: 18 Sep 2008, 07:24 pm »
I would not think he has "become a thief". I would wonder if he is well or if he is even there at this point.

romandoc

• http://romandoc.com/
« Reply #56 on: 19 Sep 2008, 09:01 pm »
No doubt, he isn't a thief. Proof is that, even after long delays, he has followed through and delivered the product every time. Perception wise, I bet that anyone who spent $$$ for a preamp, or DAC, or amp, and was told that it will be delivered in 6 weeks, then six months later still no resolution in sight, has had that thought crossing his/her mind at least once. Not cool. Nicholas did e-mail me today to confirm that my preamp was shipped. If the preamp is as good as the $$$ spent plus factoring in the waiting time, then I will compliment it and its designer to no end. So we'll see, I'll have an open mind.

Romandoc

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #57 on: 19 Sep 2008, 09:10 pm »
So we'll see, I'll have an open mind.

Romandoc

:lol: You people send money to a man on the other side of the world who has a longstanding reputation of having very very long lag times with his products? Ya'all have no one to blame but yourself's my friend. But I am in full agreement with your last statement. :rotflmao: Good luck with your past purchase. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

NewBuyer

« Reply #58 on: 20 Sep 2008, 02:56 am »

Romandoc

:lol: You people send money to a man on the other side of the world who has a longstanding reputation of having very very long lag times with his products? Ya'all have no one to blame but yourself's my friend. But I am in full agreement with your last statement. :rotflmao: Good luck with your past purchase. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Robin, I'm not really sure exactly what you are trying to add to this post.  The problem is worse than just "very very long lag times".  It is claims of shipment that never actually happened, over and over again for months, followed by increasingly absurd excused and then a complete cutoff of communication.  Thanks for sharing.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #59 on: 20 Sep 2008, 03:12 am »

Romandoc

Cheers,
Robin

Robin, I'm not really sure exactly what you are trying to add to this post.  The problem is worse than just "very very long lag times".  It is claims of shipment that never actually happened, over and over again for months, followed by increasingly absurd excused and then a complete cutoff of communication.  Thanks for sharing.

Sorry Newbuyer, guess it's getting a little old hearing all you guys post about ordering from Promitheus Audio, then complain about theft and such. It's the same song & dance from all of you prospective owners since the start of the Circle but yet ya'all continue to order components. It makes me wonder why you put yourselve thru all this. :dunno: Are these components that good? :o

Cheers,
robin