Linked Events

• Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2008: 10 Oct 2008 - 12 Oct 2008

RMAF 2008

mgalusha

RMAF 2008
« on: 2 Jan 2008, 03:35 am »
Just posting a calendar event for this years RMAF. Yeah it's early but... :)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RMAF 2008
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2008, 03:40 am »
"Yeah it's early but..."

But its good to plan ahead....the place to be in October.... :dance:

SuperMart

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2008, 04:07 am »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the heads up. I think Hugh has already packed his bag including the ubiquitous suit. Looks like we may arrive via Seattle this time. I mention this so that the Lexus-owning denizens of Seattle have time to leave town before Hugh grills 'em. And I think there will be a new speaker for you to drape your frame over, Chris, but then I'm only   the mule (as in "Shrek").George, if you're listening, you should try and hear the V Sonics when you're in Melbourne.

Cheers,

lonewolfny42

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2008, 04:12 am »
A new speaker Marty....good news !! I'll be ready.... and looking forward to seeing you and Hugh again...:wink:

And I think there will be a new speaker for you to drape your frame over, Chris, but then I'm only the mule (as in "Shrek").

finsup

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2008, 04:17 am »
So, for those who went last year, what were the best places to stay?

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2008, 04:36 am »
I've had no problems with the Marriott hosting the show. It is convenient to be able to stop into the room for a rest, etc. Great show special pricing too, once time gets a little closer. Good restaurants 5 minute walk, and good enough restaurant on premises.

Can't wait!!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2008, 05:19 am »
I've had no problems with the Marriott hosting the show. It is convenient to be able to stop into the room for a rest, etc. Great show special pricing too, once time gets a little closer. Good restaurants 5 minute walk, and good enough restaurant on premises.

Can't wait!!
Agreed Rich ....but if you didn't book the Marriott early (a few months before Oct.)....you had to find another hotel close by. All rooms were sold out for the '07 show - first time thats happened.
Its becoming a very popular show.....well worth attending.... 8)

SuperMart

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jan 2008, 06:01 am »
Another vote for the Marriott. Great bar area - you could even get a drink when Chris and Wayne were in full swing!

The Denver Tech Center Hotel was very cheap (via Expedia) but they were undergoing renovations and had no restaurant at that time. A fair way from the Marriott, though.

The Hyatt Regency Tech Center Hotel was very nice and walking distance from the Marriott.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

A vote for "Il Fornaio" restaurant - great Italian food - Hugh and I went twice.

Cheers,

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2008, 06:06 am »
Another vote for the Marriott. Great bar area - you could even get a drink when Chris and Wayne were in full swing!
Marty....
They have excellent selection of beer there...and a "happy hour".....what more could one ask for..

AliG

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jan 2008, 06:29 am »
Last October, I stayed at Hyatt (3 mins drive from Marriott) and the room is actually nicer than Marriott, but this year I'm going to stay at Marriott, I quite like the Burgers and the breakfast buffet served at Marriott's restuarants. :thumb:

finsup

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jan 2008, 08:01 pm »

What does Chris lean on when he is in the bar?
--Michael

(Photo used without permission -- sorry...)

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #11 on: 6 Jan 2008, 08:25 pm »

What does Chris lean on when he is in the bar?
--Michael

(Photo used without permission -- sorry...)

I didn't have a camera with me, but I saw him using a bar stool that has been extensively modified.
I doesn't measure any different, but Chris says it is much more comfortable to lean on since the mods.  :wink:
Lin

finsup

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jan 2008, 08:38 pm »

I didn't have a camera with me, but I saw him using a bar stool that has been extensively modified.
I doesn't measure any different, but Chris says it is much more comfortable to lean on since the mods.  :wink:
Lin

That is really funny!! :lol:  I needed a good laugh since my choices in a football pool are literally Tango Uniform.  Thanks a lot TB and and 'Skins!
--Michael

lonewolfny42

« Reply #13 on: 7 Feb 2008, 09:46 am »
Just posting a calendar event for this years RMAF. Yeah it's early but... :)

Mike....
The 2008 RMAF website is live....Link...... :thumb:

News......."The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest will be held at two hotels: the Denver Marriott Tech Center Hotel and the Hyatt Regency Tech Center."

Yep...its getting even bigger....and the place to be in October.... :hyper:

Wayne1

« Reply #14 on: 13 Feb 2008, 02:47 pm »
I had a nice long chat with Al Stiefel yesterday. He is one of the promoters for RMAF. They are planning quite a few seminars this year. There will be a series of discussions on hard drive stored music. I believe there will be about 7 different topics. More information should be on the RMAF website in a week or two.

Al has mentioned that most of the seminars will be ONLY open to people who have registered and signed up for tickets. There may be a nominal charge for some of the seminars, but the main thing is to sign-up for the discussions you wish to attend.

There will be 150 rooms exhibiting this year. I do not think it will be possible to see every room in three days. I think everyone attending RMAF should try to go in with a plan of what gear they want to look at and who they want to see. With two hotels now, there will be a LOT more to see and hear. Get rooms reservations in early. Al has gotten a lot more requests for display rooms then he can accommodate. All the large display rooms are sold out. He has to wait until the end of this month to see who has signed up again from last year. That is when he will know if he can add any more exhibitors.

I feel that his show will be even better than last year. I am already getting excited about it. I will be showing with Hugh Dean of Aspen Audio and Mike Garner of TweekGeek. We have already asked for two rooms.

See you in October.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #15 on: 13 Feb 2008, 06:18 pm »
Wayne....
There will be 150 rooms exhibiting this year. I do not think it will be possible to see every room in three days. I think everyone attending RMAF should try to go in with a plan of what gear they want to look at and who they want to see. With two hotels now, there will be a LOT more to see and hear.

Thats for sure....a lot to hear.

Wayne....do you happen to know how they will break up the show.... :scratch:

Meaning half at the Marriott, half at the Hyatt....or fill the Marriott first, then the rest at the Hyatt ??? Just wondering....thanks. :thumb:

Chris

TomS

« Reply #16 on: 13 Feb 2008, 06:33 pm »
Is the Marriott open for reservations now at the show rates or is that not until May?

Wayne1

« Reply #17 on: 13 Feb 2008, 07:46 pm »
Chris,

There will be 9 or 10 suites at the Hyatt. These are BIG rooms. The ground floor rooms are about 20' x 30'. The second floor will have three rooms 45' x 27'. The standard room at the Marriott is 13' x 19'. There were a lot of requests for larger rooms from some of the exhibitors. That is why Al got in touch with the Hyatt. All of the display rooms there are sold out. There will also be two rooms there for seminars only. The digital sessions will be held there.

Tom,

I am not sure about sleeping room reservations. Our chat didn't cover that topic. :oops:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #18 on: 13 Feb 2008, 07:50 pm »
Thanks Wayne..... :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #19 on: 13 Feb 2008, 09:03 pm »
Tom,

I am not sure about sleeping room reservations. Our chat didn't cover that topic. :oops:
Sorry, I was just being lazy.  I can still pick up the phone :)