AC ribbons

klh

AC ribbons
« on: 19 Oct 2005, 08:03 pm »
Al,

How well does the sound of your custom ribbon compare to the taller AC ribbon (and how well do they mate together)? It looks like the Omega CC uses the taller AC ribbon... have you considered using your custom ribbon instead? The reason I ask is that the smaller ribbon is supposed to have better vertical dispersion, and since the CC only has one ribbon, it may work better in the CC. Also, and on a related note, does your HT series mate well with the line arrays (for use as surrounds). I am still looking around, but I'm thinking that pairing the Lambda line arrays with the Omega center channel and having the HT2s as surrounds would make a very nice HT/multichannel audio system. I have an infinite baffle subwoofer, so true lowend extension isn't necessary. I just wanted to make sure they could work together and that the smaller ribbon would work (or not work) in the line array center channel speakers.

RAW

AC ribbons
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2005, 01:45 am »
Well a few good questions.
We have not releasewd the Super Spires or the SuperSpires Referance series yet.
As we are getting all the documents in place.
And all these kits use our Shorter G3 series custom ribbon we have.
This is the shortest of all the G3 series in height and is also narrower as well.
This makes it a better use in the kits we have them in now.
As well these ribbons are used due to crossover points, center to center spacing.

As you know the shorter the ribbon in lenght the better the vertical dispersion this is why we use this ribbon in the center channels as well.
Very good Horizontal.
As for putting in the RA104.5 in the middle of these no.Not now.
But I will say we will have more center chnnels coming shortly. :mrgreen:

As for acoustic match I am sure you will be very happy with the Lambda plus center then the HT2 as rears.
Very good acoustic match.

klh

AC ribbons
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2005, 07:31 pm »
OK... looking forward to future center channels coming down the line! What would you recommend doing for surrounds since the HT2 isn't a great acoustic match? Is there something else coming down the line :wink: ? I was wondering why the superspires are no longer on your website.

RAW

AC ribbons
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2005, 04:20 am »

I am guessing that you want a center channel larger than the HT2 with the shorter ribbon?

The Lambda center channel of the Super Spires both use the longer ribbon and 4 or 8 of the WR drivers.

Yes i will say a few more things to come yet in next few months :mrgreen: