N2X model on demo tour...

kobbi

Re: N2X model on demo tour...
« Reply #20 on: 8 May 2009, 03:34 pm »

Awesome Walter!  And where in Bama are you?

Roger

Huntsville

BradJudy

« Reply #21 on: 8 May 2009, 03:45 pm »
Hmmm...if they are coming down to AL, perhaps it's time for the ATL crew to have a listen too.  Unfortunately, I'm starting a new job on Tuesday, so I'm probably not a good person to coordinate it.  Is there an estimate on when they will be in AL?

EARGASM

• No thanks.
« Reply #22 on: 8 May 2009, 06:21 pm »
Removed by member.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2009, 03:25 pm by EARGASM »

baald

« Reply #23 on: 8 May 2009, 11:25 pm »
i'd love to host them in Northern California when they get out here.... (and like others, happy to wait for the 2x).  Will email you my deets, Danny.

mpauly

« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2009, 12:11 am »
Danny,

I emailed you my details a few days ago.  Let me know how you want to handle the CC info.

Michael

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 10 May 2009, 12:15 am »
Michael,

Call me with it on Monday.

Thanks,

rupnok

« Reply #26 on: 21 Aug 2009, 06:58 pm »
Are the N2Xs still on tour? I would love to audition them - please let me know what the protocol is if they are still available.

Live in MA.

Danny Richie

« Reply #27 on: 21 Aug 2009, 07:02 pm »
They are still on tour.

rupnok

« Reply #28 on: 21 Aug 2009, 07:11 pm »
Awesome! How far :down: the list would I be if I lined up for the N2Xs?

ichillpill

« Reply #29 on: 21 Aug 2009, 08:12 pm »
Looks like Ohio is the next closest destination.

How about for you guys out in CA, I send out this pair of the N1X's for you to pass around?

Info here: http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=147

They are fairly close to the performance of the N2X, just with a smaller woofer and in a ported box.

Danny,

I'd love to hear the N2x or N1X. I'm in Van Nuys, CA. Do I call you with my CC info?

stevecuss

« Reply #30 on: 25 Aug 2009, 11:08 pm »
I believe I'll be receiving the touring Neo2xs soon.  Looking forward to getting them and comparing them to my AV2s.  I'm sure it will result in a scheduled GR Research build.....

sc

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: 25 Aug 2009, 11:20 pm »
would this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=302-720 be the proper cabinet for this kit if one wasn't going to make their own cabinet?  These speakers might be perfect for my friend...

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 26 Aug 2009, 12:11 am »
Yeah, that one will work.

rupnok

« Reply #33 on: 28 Aug 2009, 02:49 am »
Danny,

Shot you an email to info@gr-research.com re: audition & when to send CC information. Know you're down - just didn't want to get lost in the shuffle as you're rebooting/cleaning your machine.

:-D

stevecuss

« Reply #34 on: 10 Sep 2009, 11:18 pm »
The Neo2s on tour arrived at my home today.  I've set them up and they are stunning to listen to.  I built AV2s last year and have been thrilled with them, but these really do take sound to a new level.  I'm not great at describing sound, but they are more open than the AV2s and soundstage is more present.  My wife loves their size too. 

I'm sure I'll be building a set once I figure out finances.  I think Danny should be put on charges for entrapment by sending these on tour :)

Steve

ichillpill

« Reply #35 on: 11 Sep 2009, 04:04 pm »
that's great to hear! Can you also post your listening impressions with and without the Valab?

stevecuss

« Reply #36 on: 11 Sep 2009, 04:32 pm »
Hi ichill,

The Valab is great!  I'm pretty ignorant to various sound enhancing technologies outside of tube and solid state options, so I'd only recently understood that a) I was running my itunes through the airport express DAC and b) that such a thing as an external DAC exists. 

I bought the Valab because I am at heart an audiophile on a cheapskate budget and it claimed to fit that bill.  I ran the itunes through the optical input and the Oppo DVD player (980) through the coax input, into the Rotel analog surround processor (RSP980 - before the days of dolby digital.) 

The Valab definitely widened the depth of music from both sources - it added presence as well, but not unpleasant - just crisper sound.  As I mentioned before, I'm hard pressed to describe tone (and sometimes chuckle at the way people describe sound the way someone would describe a wine "the sound rolled off to a fruity and crisp finish!) but for sure the Valab made a noticeable improvement in both sources. 

I've since picked up an older digital rotel processor (the RSP985 - identical to the 980, but with DACS - these older surround units are a bargain for great 2 channel music.)  I'll soon sell the analog rotel if anyone is interested.   I rewired everything to run the DVD player through the optical of the Valab and the Coax of the Rotel and A/Bd them and they were very close to each other.  I suspect I'll be entering the world of tubes one day and I'm quite intrigued by the Peachtree products with built in DACs.  I might sell the Valab since it would be redundant in the system, but I might keep it in case I go with an analog

anyway, bottom line is that the Valab offered definite improvement over the DVD and modem DACs.  It was about the same as the Rotel's DACs and I've never compared it to other external DACS.  If I bought an analog Tube pre, for example, I'd buy a Valab to work with it in a heartbeat. 

I hope that helps. 

Steve

ichillpill

« Reply #37 on: 11 Sep 2009, 04:50 pm »
Thanks for the quick post Steve. I'm contemplating getting a Valab now or a more expensive DAC when funds allow.

Danny, who's getting the N2X's next? I'm in Southern CA...

iskandam

« Reply #38 on: 16 Sep 2009, 07:08 am »
I'm also in Southern CA and would love to give these guys a try

Danny Richie

« Reply #39 on: 16 Sep 2009, 02:29 pm »
Send me all of your info... name, address, phone number...

Then call with CC info needed for securing them, and you are on the list.