Amp help for VR4JR Euro mod.

scp2

Amp help for VR4JR Euro mod.
« on: 5 May 2023, 12:21 pm »
I disasembled my two channel rig a while back...but kept my VR4JR Euro's. I am now wanting to add a basic amp/pre and at least have a system to listen to.

I ran across this amp from Dayton. Will this power my speaks ok and give me decent sound? I will be streaming Tidal or Qobuz from my Iphone.
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-HTA200-200-Watt-Stereo-Hybrid-Tube-Amplifier-with-Bluetooth-300-3850?quantity=1

Also open to suggestions.

dpatters

Re: Amp help for VR4JR Euro mod.
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2023, 02:13 pm »
I have a pair of VR4jrs in my secondary system powered with Wyred for Sound SX 500 mono amps and a STP-SE preamp. The Dayton has enough power but I couldn’t speak for its SQ at that low price.

Don P

scp2

« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2023, 05:51 pm »
Yeh I suppose...sound quality may the issue...was mostly wandering if it had enough power.

I did run the vr4jr's with a very mid level Yamaha AVR(100wps)....and SQ was surprisingly acceptable. Although I did bi-amp it.

I may just look for a used avr...those can be had pretty cheap used.

scp2

« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2023, 06:12 pm »
Ahhh...just found some impressions on an AVS forum....doesnt sound like I would be happy at all.

Was liking it... as a small all in one solution with BT and a remote. Price should have been a give away.