any upgrades for the NOH

JJF

any upgrades for the NOH
« on: 16 Feb 2005, 11:25 am »
I am sorry to hear the NOH is Noh more. I have purchased mine in Aug of 2003 ( it nust have been one of the first shipping NOHs) and it is still a pivotal element of my audio system. I bought it on base of John´s patient advice and my gut feeling, I have never heared a passive amp before, and boy, was I right...
Just one question - has the NOH been upgraded or modified since 2003 ? If so, should I consider upgrading mine ?

Greetings,

JJ

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
any upgrades for the NOH
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2005, 03:50 pm »
Hello!

Sorry for the late reply - I was away for a few days and am finally catching up now. The basic circuit has not changed since the original Model 102 pre-amps. The schematic drawings are basically identical. We have messed with adding a few taps and transformer revs but I would not suggest these would justify the rather large cost of making the changes.

I have a new design (started but not moving along as fast as I'd like!) that will add a few additional features and that should be done this spring - maybe that would be worth making the change to but unless you need the features I suspect that too would be hard to justify.

Just keep having fun with it.

Many Thansk!

John

Many Thanks!

John