Web Page Problem.......

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Web Page Problem.......
« on: 17 Jan 2005, 04:02 pm »
Hello!

Posted about this in a few other threads but thought it deserved it's own in case anyone misses it. My web page and regular e-mail are down. The company hosting the page were a bunch of great guys but about 6 months back they noticed hackers attacking their site.

The owner called yesterday and told me the sad story. After great length to keep the server safe they finally gave up this past sunday and will not re-open. This is maddening since I know the fellow and he does try so hard to give the best service they can. They traced the guy(s) back to a pentagon server (although I suspect it was just made to look like it came from there) and actually spoke to someone at the pentagon one day a while back who knew about them...They followed his escapades in a hacker chat room as well.  Finally they could see that once they had pissed them off by going after them that they'd have an on-going battle on their hands.

Anyway - I have a new project for this week..... Those guys looked after me so well I did not have to learn much of this web stuff but I'll be finding a new host for the page this week and getting everything alive again. The original e-mail will be re-activated then but for now I can be reached at:

jchapman@telus.net

Also feel free to phonel at (604) 538-9812

Very sorry for the troubles......

Thanks!

John

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Web Page Problem.......
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2005, 11:20 pm »
Hello!

I think the site is alive again.... I will now setup my original e-mail and then sit back and wait for the next time consuming computer event!

Please let me know if anything is not right at the site - in my downloading and testing I spotted a couple links that are not quite right myself - but they are ones that have been that way for some time. After a break from this computer keyboard I will take some time and give the site a tune up.

Many Thanks!

John