Anyone have experience with Sherco motorcycles?

djpk

Anyone have experience with Sherco motorcycles?
« on: 20 Feb 2020, 11:40 pm »
I'm considering the purchase of a 2020 Sherco 250 SE Factory motorcycle. I'd be interested in opinions from anyone with experience with this brand.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Anyone have experience with Sherco motorcycles?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2020, 05:05 am »
Dont know this bike, but looks a competition off road or trail bike, no confort, no passenger, two stroke, low torque in low rpm, lots of smoke, you will smell, no fuel injection Carburetor Keihin PWK 36, no low rider friendly Seat base 950 mm

djpk

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2020, 06:28 am »
I've been riding motorcycles since 1971 and this Sherco is at the top of my list for now. I've owned 2-strokes and 4-strokes and I like both and prefer carbs over fuel injection on motorcycles for their simplicity. One of my friends just bought a new 2020 Husqvarna TE300i and he's encouraging me to get a new off-road bike. I like what the Sherco has to offer with the Kayaba suspension. Yes, they are tall, but there's a company called Seat Concepts that can make a custom lower seat for it. I hope to see one in a couple of weeks when I travel through an area that has a Sherco dealer.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2020, 05:16 pm »
Well if you are aware these characters and will use it as a offroad bike I just recommend a test drive before purchase, in the case of a  off-road bike I could go for the less expensive brand and low cost repair.
Good luck.

djpk

« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2020, 05:16 am »
None of the higher performance off-road motorcycles are inexpensive these days. The Betas, Hondas, KTMs, and Husqvarnas are also at a similar price point. Since performance is a high priority, I'll just have to accept the situation where the higher performance bikes cost more. Looking forward to seeing a Sherco in a couple of weeks.

djpk

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2020, 05:01 am »
I picked up my new Sherco 250 SE Factory in April. It is a very nice bike. It handles well and has a nice power delivery. I love daylight saving time as I can go riding after work while it's still light. Riding is a great activity both mentally and physically. It just makes me happy.