abomwell

« on: 27 May 2021, 04:08 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Based on Clayton's advice I ordered a pair of X5'S this morning. Clayton tells me delivery is running 4-6 weeks.

My current system: Music Vault server which has both JRiver and Roon installed, feeding a DSPeaker Anti-mode X4 preamp/processor, feeding Dutch and Dutch 8C active speakers.
The room is almost 15' square (not ideal) with a 9' ceiling. I have floor-to-ceiling bass traps in three corners with a 5' french door in the 4th corner. It's fully carpeted with a soft couch and chair. The DSPeaker X4 performs room correction and offers manual EQ which I find invaluable. I've owned over two dozen loudspeakers of various types but only one pair of OB dipoles which were Linkwitz Orion's. I listen primarily to large scale orchestral music
and greatly look forward to getting the X5's and participating here.

Al

Desertpilot

• Retired
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2021, 10:12 pm »
Welcome Al.  Congrats on the X5s.  Waiting for them, of course will be miserable.  Lots of friendly folks here to provide advice.

Marcus

geerock

« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2021, 10:13 pm »
Welcome.  How did you like your Orions?

abomwell

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2021, 12:56 am »
I liked, but didn't love them. Not very dynamic and needed a subwoofer. I suspect Linkwitz's last model was much improved but I never heard them.

Al

abomwell

« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2021, 03:08 pm »
More important than the Orion's is the Linkwitz website www.Linkwitzlab.com. For those not familiar, Linkwitz was an audio expert at the highest level. His website is a treasure trove of information about room acoustics, psychoacoustics, speaker placement for dipoles and monopoles and much more. He was a big proponent of OB and Omni speakers.

Al