XA5400ES Mod Release Date!

modwright

XA5400ES Mod Release Date!
« on: 11 May 2010, 04:45 pm »
I have drawn a line in the sand for myself and I WILL have the mod finished by this Friday, the 14th.

At that time, we will begin scheduling start dates, as we have with the Oppos, with the same arrangement - i.e. 50% deposit to reserve a start date.  I already have two units confirmed on the calendar as they are already at the shop and have been for SOME TIME!

I apologize for how long this has taken, but I am only human and have been stretched thing.  Thanks to a fabulous team, my production crew is handling the amp and preamp production and Kristin, my Executive Assistant and practically C.O.O., is handling other logistics for me.  I have told my team that I am to be sequestered for the first half of everyday, to focus on design details.

The final tube stage design is complete for the mod and in final testing.  I expect to have everything dialled in by weeks end.

I appreciate all of your patience!

Sincerely!

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2010, 07:25 pm by modwright »

Eric

Re: XA5400ES Mod Release Date!
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2010, 02:55 pm »
Dan,

Will you have new units for purchase, or will you be doing mods only on peices folks already own?

modwright

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2010, 03:36 pm »
Hi and thanks for asking.  We will NOT be purchasing the units.  To be honest, we get very little discount, if any, and it simply cuts into our cash flow and is counter-productive to our ability to pursue new ideas as R&D costs money.  All customers will be required to provide units and we will charge only for the mod and return shipping.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Eric

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2010, 02:18 pm »
Hi Dan,

How would you characterize the sound of the modded Sony to the modded 3910?