COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #340 on: 14 Sep 2018, 02:48 pm »
     Very,very,very long day watching college football yesterday.  Turned on my internet jazz radio station about 9 am.
      Shut it down when the last game I watched was over about 11 pm. Cal and Byu.
      One of my granddaughters asked me why don't I listen to the games. "Watching is better than listening. Don't have to
      hear the commercials or commentators." Been doing it this way for at least 35 years.

Cheers
                                                       Charlie

That's the way I do it, plus I cruise the web on my laptop.    :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #341 on: 21 Sep 2018, 06:49 pm »
Thanks for the fancy clothes Uncle Phil. The Ducks first three games are not much to cheer about. I am afraid when Stanford and the Dawgs come to town it will not be a good ending. Maybe next year?

I guess we'll find out tomorrow, eh Mike?   :duel:

Emil

« Reply #342 on: 21 Sep 2018, 08:08 pm »
Penn State will play Illinois tonight, Friday, at 9PM.

Friday night college football? I don't like it.

I vote NO.

Shorter recovery time for injuries 

Mudslide

« Reply #343 on: 21 Sep 2018, 08:26 pm »
Penn State will play Illinois tonight, Friday, at 9PM.

Friday night college football? I don't like it.

I vote NO.

Shorter recovery time for injuries

Lions cruise!

Emil

« Reply #344 on: 21 Sep 2018, 08:39 pm »
Lions cruise!

Hope they stay focused on tonight and not looking ahead to the tOSU game next Saturday night

Mudslide

« Reply #345 on: 23 Sep 2018, 05:26 am »
I think I'm gonna cry.   :bawl:

I'm still not sure how the Ducks didn't win that game with Stanford.   :wtf:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #346 on: 23 Sep 2018, 11:54 am »
Yeah, it looked like the Ducks had it in the bag, that's college football.

My favorite game by far was Old Dominion with their third string quarterback beating Virginia Tech, a four touchdown favorite.  I love it when these patsy teams strike back at the schedulers.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #347 on: 23 Sep 2018, 04:20 pm »
Yeah, it looked like the Ducks had it in the bag, that's college football.

My favorite game by far was Old Dominion with their third string quarterback beating Virginia Tech, a four touchdown favorite.  I love it when these patsy teams strike back at the schedulers.

Yeah.  App State will always hold a special place in my heart...  :icon_twisted:

Mudslide

« Reply #348 on: 30 Aug 2019, 06:44 pm »
And here we go again!  Who has the big season?

(And....GO DUCKS!)

Emil

« Reply #349 on: 31 Aug 2019, 04:26 pm »
Hey Mudslide
How have you been?

Yes, its that time of year. Fall approaching here in the northeast. Kids going back to school. Chill in the air and the start of college football. Life is good :thumb:

I see you have ex-Penn Stater Juwan Johnson. Big target. 6.4 231lbs.
Hoped for a big season from him last year for us but he had a hard time catching the ball. A problem for a wide receiver. :lol: Hope he got that sorted out with the Ducks

So how many uniform combos do you have this year? :D

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #350 on: 31 Aug 2019, 11:51 pm »
Go Oklahoma State!  They looked great against Oregon State!  But it is going to be an up and down year for the Pokes.  Redshirt freshman QB and young defense and offensive line.  Great receivers and one of the top 5 RB's in the game.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #351 on: 1 Sep 2019, 12:05 am »
BSU looked lackluster and a little sloppy in the first half against FSU, although freshman QB Hank Bachmeier showed promise. 31-13 at half.  Second half it turned 180° and BSU wins 36-31. I think Hank's answered any question about ability... looked really good. BSU should show well this year, methinks.

stlrman

« Reply #352 on: 10 Nov 2019, 12:00 am »
LSU at BAMA
39-27 LSU
Wow !! What. Game

stlrman

« Reply #353 on: 10 Nov 2019, 12:25 am »
LSU super impressive putting up 46!!! At Alabama!!

Mudslide

« Reply #354 on: 10 Nov 2019, 05:15 am »
Hey Emil and the rest of the CFP crew.  I think I must have been sleeping when the thread passed through the list.   :oops:

I was sorry to see PSU get mugged today...very NOT sorry to see Bama go splat.  That was kind of a dicey game, for sure.

All seems to be falling in place for my Ducks.  If they finish strong, I predict a CFP birth for them..12-1 and with that stupid last second loss to Auburn in the first game of the season.  (The Ducks had their top 4 receivers out injured...so an excuse, for certain.  And another, an all-American tight end (leading the nation in receiving td's') was hurt and out for the season three games ago.  Tough season, but rewarding for us shriveled up old fans of the Beaver ( :wink:) state.

Oh, and Emil...Juwan missed the first 4 or 5 games with a leg injury.  He's back now and playing at a very high level.  Only one drop that I can recall.  He killed USC last week.  Good kid, I think.

Here's hoping everyone's team wins next week.   :bounce:

Emil

« Reply #355 on: 11 Nov 2019, 04:45 pm »
Hey Emil and the rest of the CFP crew.  I think I must have been sleeping when the thread passed through the list.   :oops:

I was sorry to see PSU get mugged today...very NOT sorry to see Bama go splat.  That was kind of a dicey game, for sure.

All seems to be falling in place for my Ducks.  If they finish strong, I predict a CFP birth for them..12-1 and with that stupid last second loss to Auburn in the first game of the season.  (The Ducks had their top 4 receivers out injured...so an excuse, for certain.  And another, an all-American tight end (leading the nation in receiving td's') was hurt and out for the season three games ago.  Tough season, but rewarding for us shriveled up old fans of the Beaver ( :wink:) state.

Oh, and Emil...Juwan missed the first 4 or 5 games with a leg injury.  He's back now and playing at a very high level.  Only one drop that I can recall.  He killed USC last week.  Good kid, I think.

Here's hoping everyone's team wins next week.   :bounce:

Don't think Penn State got mugged. They lost! Played poorly. Questionable play calling in the Red Zone.
Mind you, I have 5 years of armchair college football coaching under my belt so I know what Im talking about :lol:

Shame cuz there was talk about meeting your Ducks in the Rose Bowl .

Congrats to the Gophers! Happy for them .

Mudslide

« Reply #356 on: 11 Nov 2019, 09:15 pm »
Don't think Penn State got mugged. They lost! Played poorly. Questionable play calling in the Red Zone.
Mind you, I have 5 years of armchair college football coaching under my belt so I know what Im talking about :lol:

Shame cuz there was talk about meeting your Ducks in the Rose Bowl .

Congrats to the Gophers! Happy for them .

Emil, that Rose Bowl GTG could STILL happen.   :eyebrows:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #357 on: 12 Nov 2019, 02:31 am »
LSU super impressive putting up 46!!! At Alabama!!

Yeah, they looked like the more athletic team from the start.  Alabama is no slouch and gave them all they wanted, but LSU seemed totally in control.

Emil

« Reply #358 on: 12 Nov 2019, 12:29 pm »
Yeah, they looked like the more athletic team from the start.  Alabama is no slouch and gave them all they wanted, but LSU seemed totally in control.

and the win win was at Alabama.
Home field advantage is huge in college ball. Not so much in the NFL IMHO

Mudslide

« Reply #359 on: 18 Nov 2019, 04:48 pm »
Hey Emil,

Here is a article with video of Juwan Johnson's really nice 53 yard snag off a flea-flicker.  (PSU even gets mentioned.)  It's from Saturday's slobber-knocker put on Arizona.
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/11/53-yard-reverse-flea-flicker-to-juwan-johnson-among-4-passes-of-30-plus-yards-for-oregon-ducks-against-arizona.html
Click on the photo halfway down the article.

JJ is doing really well out here.  If UO had him against Auburn, the Ducks would be undefeated.