• Industry Participant
Re: NX-Center
« Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2023, 10:20 pm »
yup

BrandonB

« Reply #21 on: 18 Oct 2023, 10:20 pm »
Literally no room in my setup for a center channel  :cry:

Looks like you need to move or build on.  I think you can squeeze it in. That speaker looks way cool....

jmimac351

• Chief Instructor - ChinTrackDays.com
« Reply #22 on: 18 Oct 2023, 10:24 pm »
It's just bare MDF and loose wires right now, but we'll have more to show later once we're ready to announce it officially

Understood... but just to clarify, these would work as Right / Left for 2 channel?  Maybe sitting atop dual subwoofers a fella already owns?

jmimac351

« Reply #23 on: 18 Oct 2023, 10:28 pm »
Literally no room in my setup for a center channel  :cry:

The struggle is real, Bro.

Early B.

« Reply #24 on: 18 Oct 2023, 10:50 pm »
Looks like you need to move or build on.  I think you can squeeze it in. That speaker looks way cool....

Yeah, Tyson -- you can definitely make it work... suspend it from the ceiling if you have to...

VinceT

« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2023, 11:02 pm »
All kidding aside, even with my XLS Encores, my center image was so good I never needed (according to my wife) a center channel. LS6, LS9, NX series, just a luxury to have a center channel at that level of speaker and would be home theater bliss!

I think Tyson needs another NX center in the middle on top of his rack. essentially sounds like the NX center is a lot like the NX Otica just on its side. It will match perfectly and look really cool  :lol:

cjsailer

« Reply #26 on: 18 Oct 2023, 11:57 pm »
This looks so awesome.  I needed a project.  Thanks.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #27 on: 19 Oct 2023, 01:36 am »
You guys are killin' me!

Early B.

« Reply #28 on: 19 Oct 2023, 02:10 am »
You guys are killin' me!

I no longer have an HT system and I want that center channel!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 19 Oct 2023, 02:21 am »
Understood... but just to clarify, these would work as Right / Left for 2 channel?  Maybe sitting atop dual subwoofers a fella already owns?

Technically, but sealed subs as the dual/triples subs would put the tweeter way too high.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #30 on: 19 Oct 2023, 02:30 am »
You guys are killin' me!

There's no peer pressure on this forum at all. Don't know what you're talking about... :roll:

BrandonB

« Reply #31 on: 19 Oct 2023, 02:32 am »
There's no peer pressure on this forum at all. Don't know what you're talking about... :roll:

Tyson you pave the way for us.

jmimac351

« Reply #32 on: 19 Oct 2023, 02:57 am »
Technically, but sealed subs as the dual/triples subs would put the tweeter way too high.

Gotcha, their ability to go on end was the main question; notwithstanding whether this is even an idea to consider vs other OB options.  By "dual" I meant "a pair of subs" that I already own, which are 20" tall. That would put tweeter height ~45.25", I guess.  My seated ear height is 35.5".

Thank you, Hobbs.

Digi-G

« Reply #33 on: 19 Oct 2023, 11:52 am »
So, Hobbs.  Will there only be the single NX center model?  It looks nice but also looks like a bit of overkill for my NX-Studio monitors.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: 19 Oct 2023, 12:50 pm »
So, Hobbs.  Will there only be the single NX center model?  It looks nice but also looks like a bit of overkill for my NX-Studio monitors.
For the time being.
The 16ohm NQ woofers require a lot of airspace so a "studio center" is currently isn't possible.

Tyson

« Reply #35 on: 19 Oct 2023, 04:13 pm »
For the time being.
The 16ohm NQ woofers require a lot of airspace so a "studio center" is currently isn't possible.

Couldn't you just use a 3rd NX-Studio as the center.  Perfect matching and excellent off-axis response.

WC

« Reply #36 on: 19 Oct 2023, 07:10 pm »
You could, but most AV spaces have a screen in the best location for the center channel. In my room I have about 7" for it to fit below the screen. The NX-Studio is 18" tall. I could fit this below my screen, but it would be sitting on the floor, so a slightly compromised location.

Tyson

« Reply #37 on: 19 Oct 2023, 07:18 pm »
You could, but most AV spaces have a screen in the best location for the center channel. In my room I have about 7" for it to fit below the screen. The NX-Studio is 18" tall. I could fit this below my screen, but it would be sitting on the floor, so a slightly compromised location.

Just lay the NX-Studio on it's side, it has excellent dispersion.

cjsailer

« Reply #38 on: 19 Oct 2023, 10:07 pm »
Just lay the NX-Studio on it's side, it has excellent dispersion.

The NEO3s are rectangular, so if you put them on their side aren't we talking a narrowing of the vertical off axis response?  Might be better for horizontal off-access though.

Anyway the larger problem with using a NX Studio as a center channel, is that you'd have to buy a flat pack as a pair.  So either you eat the cabinet cost of one speaker, or you have to find someone else to buy the other one from you.

I was going to go down this road of using the NX Studio, but I'm glad I waited ... that 7 driver center channel is so over the top awesome.

Tyson

« Reply #39 on: 19 Oct 2023, 10:11 pm »
The NEO3s are rectangular, so if you put them on their side aren't we talking a narrowing of the vertical off axis response?  Might be better for horizontal off-access though.

Anyway the larger problem with using a NX Studio as a center channel, is that you'd have to buy a flat pack as a pair.  So either you eat the cabinet cost of one speaker, or you have to find someone else to buy the other one from you.

I was going to go down this road of using the NX Studio, but I'm glad I waited ... that 7 driver center channel is so over the top awesome.

Here's the vertical and horizontal dispersion patterns for the NX-Studio, as you can see it's excellent both ways.  So turning it on it's side is not a problem.

Vertical:

Horizontal:

But I agree with you, the NX-Center is the way to go if you have room for it.