Mini Watt Integrated amplifier tour (sign up here)

Mariusz

Re: Mini Watt Integrated amplifier tour (sign up here)
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jun 2009, 12:20 pm »
Last day to sign up (ends - midnight)

Mariusz

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jun 2009, 03:46 am »
OK, time is up.
I will receive few units in black and silver early next week (I hope).
Now let me look at the list and try to make the best of it.
I will post the list in order and other details shortly.

P.S
MiniWatt is willing (so am I) to try Canadian MiniWatt Tour if there is enough interest. So all Canadians, here is your chance.

Best
Mariusz :thumb:

dburna

« Reply #22 on: 29 Jun 2009, 06:21 am »
Mariusz,

I know you mentioned this off-line, but if there is any way you can include something in the shipment to aid those of us without banana terminated speaker cables, that would be most appreciated.  If not, I'm sure we can find some way around it, but I'm betting I'm not the only one who has this potential roadblock to demoing this amp.  Solving this issue for one may solve the issue for many.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to make this amp available for demo to the AC community.

Best, -dB

Mariusz

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2009, 04:13 pm »
Mariusz,

I know you mentioned this off-line, but if there is any way you can include something in the shipment to aid those of us without banana terminated speaker cables, that would be most appreciated.  If not, I'm sure we can find some way around it, but I'm betting I'm not the only one who has this potential roadblock to demoing this amp.  Solving this issue for one may solve the issue for many.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to make this amp available for demo to the AC community.

Best, -dB

I will ship units as soon as they come in and will include some cheap cables for those locking the proper connection.

Will let all know the details shortly.

Regards

Mariusz

« Reply #24 on: 30 Jun 2009, 04:35 am »
I will include 8 feet speaker cables terminated with Cardas banana termination on both ends sunken in Bamboo plugs. If you like to try my new interconnects, I can include those as well.

Derek of MiniWatt informed me that the echeck from my bank is held hostage by PayPall and it will find its way to his account on July 1. What it means is that the units will arrive on 3th or 6th (4th is a holiday and 5th is Sunday). So the tour units will be shipped next week in the earliest. I apologies for the wait and hope you understand. I will be getting half of the units in silver and black. There will be 4 total tour units going out to participants of this tour. 2 black and 2 silver. I hope that this will make the MiniWatt tour more swiftly and shortens the waiting period.

Those AC members from up north in Canada can also sign up for the next tour as long as there is enough interest and stand up folks willing to give a try.

If it is not to much to ask, please share with others your experiences (good or bad), findings and recommendations. Pics always help and are worth a thousand words, so snap away and share your system with rest of us.

Thank You so much and stay tune.

Mariusz

Re: Mini Watt Integrated amplifier tour
« Reply #25 on: 30 Jun 2009, 05:22 am »
tour unit 1:  droht   -  Pennsylvania, mytubes211 N.J, ecramer  -  Pennsylvania

tour unit 2:  sanacore - California ,  yo2tup    - California ,
playntheblues TX 

tour unit 3:  ebag4  - So. Indiana , Pardales - MI, dburna - IL (this unit will come with speaker wires banana terminated)

Order can be change if needed.
If you want to deiced with your tour buddy about the order in which the unit will be received please do so and let me know about the changes.

Thanks
Mariusz
« Last Edit: 8 Jul 2009, 03:50 am by Mariusz »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2009, 11:19 am »
It will be interesting to read the reports, so hopefully people will take a few minutes to record their impressions along with whatever comparisons they can make.

cryoparts

« Reply #27 on: 30 Jun 2009, 06:50 pm »
I received my (paid for) Miniwatt yesterday, haven't even had time to unpack it yet, but thanks for the blazingly fast shipping!

Lee

Mariusz

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2009, 09:52 pm »
I received my (paid for) Miniwatt yesterday, haven't even had time to unpack it yet, but thanks for the blazingly fast shipping!

Lee

My pleasure  Lee.
I hope you will enjoy your new toy box. (if not, I'll be happy to buy it back from you)
You know what they say :
"Good things do come in the small package"
It is up to you if you want to chime-in with your impressions or not.
Like you said - no strings attached, so it's your call.

Best

Mariusz

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jun 2009, 10:30 pm »
It will be interesting to read the reports, so hopefully people will take a few minutes to record their impressions along with whatever comparisons they can make.

Why wait if you can evaluated it in your own system.
I have talked to MiniWatt and persway them to send another unit for canadian tour.
The unit will come with other 4 tour units.
All you have to do is let me know and let other canadian AC members know about it.
Even if you won't find anyone else, I will still send it to you if you really like to try it out.
That's what this is all about ...........isn't it?

Best
Mariusz

santacore

« Reply #30 on: 30 Jun 2009, 11:16 pm »
I look forward to trying the amp out and giving my impressions.

Hopefully Lee will beat me to it. aa

Wind Chaser

« Reply #31 on: 30 Jun 2009, 11:29 pm »
I'm not in a hurry.  Got to figure what color scheme will match my decor.  Besides the thing is so... cheap (for lack of a better word) that unlike more costly purchases, to try before you buy isn't that important.  The risk factor just isn't there.

I need to figure out what I will do for speakers; previously tried a 2A3 and that wasn't enough drive for my power sucking OBs.

Mariusz

« Reply #32 on: 1 Jul 2009, 12:09 am »
I'm not in a hurry.  Got to figure what color scheme will match my decor.  Besides the thing is so... cheap (for lack of a better word) that unlike more costly purchases, to try before you buy isn't that important.  The risk factor just isn't there.

I need to figure out what I will do for speakers; previously tried a 2A3 and that wasn't enough drive for my power sucking OBs.

If you change your mind, just let me know.
But you are right - at this price the risk is minimal.
Color schame haa.  :lol:
Just get a can of spray paint and use your creative side to match your  decor.  :wink:

Lee's unit has some hours on it as I opened and tested those on the arrival. I will do the same with upcoming tour units to spare you guys any unpleasant surprises. Derek of MiniWatt assures me that he did not have a single incident since the start of the production but only time will tell how reliable these amps really are. There are plans for other interesting product so I do not think that this company is going anywhere.

One more note:
Please try not to open the unit as you might damage it by doing so. Trust me, Srajan tried without any success. Personally, I would like to see what is in there but that would void the warranty.

Lee, if you do not like it, you know what to do. I am sure you have nice camera handy.

Best

cryoparts

« Reply #33 on: 1 Jul 2009, 01:56 am »
Lee, if you do not like it, you know what to do. I am sure you have nice camera handy.

OK, OK, I will go get it out of the garage now and open it.   :lol:

I brought it home from my shop today so I could play with it tonight.  Sorry for the delay, been at the docs all day with the wifey.

Peace,

Lee

Mariusz

« Reply #34 on: 1 Jul 2009, 02:05 am »
Sorry for the delay, been at the docs all day with the wifey.

Hey Lee, no rush........ family first......always.
It is getting dark outside. Take the flashlight just in case. :lol:

Cheers
Mariusz

Oh yeah,
Lee can you shed some light on the speakers that you will be using?
Sorry but I have to ask. I am very nosey. :oops:

cryoparts

« Reply #35 on: 1 Jul 2009, 02:07 am »
OK, charging camera now, give me a bit to take a couple of pics.

First impressions, WOW, this thing is TINY!  Much smaller than I imagined, cool!

Peace,

Lee

cryoparts

« Reply #36 on: 1 Jul 2009, 02:12 am »
Oh yeah,
Lee can you shed some light on the speakers that you will be using?
Sorry but I have to ask. I am very nosey. :oops:

I'll probably use some Whiplash Audio desktop speakers I commissioned for near field listening.  One set uses a single Fostex driver, one set is a single driver Tang Band, and the third set is a 2 way with Tang Band's.  Good, basic, inexpensive speakers (all under $1k) that would likely be paired with a little amp like this.  I won't link to them as I don't want to advertise here.

If it does well on those, I'll try it out on my crazy expensive custom passive Sonicweld's.   :green:

Lee

Mariusz

« Reply #37 on: 1 Jul 2009, 02:26 am »
If it does well on those, I'll try it out on my crazy expensive custom passive Sonicweld's.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have fun.

cryoparts

« Reply #38 on: 1 Jul 2009, 03:17 am »
OK, a few quick and dirty photos (my good camera is at my office/shop) to show the size, the laptop is a Toshiba 17", the headphones are Ultrasone ED8's:

Cute little dude! 

Lee

Wind Chaser

« Reply #39 on: 1 Jul 2009, 03:39 am »
Looks like something pulled out of a Cracker Jack box! :lol:

Not much room for tube dampers, at least on the two smaller (input?) tubes.