Care Audio @ NY Audio Show with TRL, Calyx, MAD, Musica Pristina, Wywires

saisunil

Dear all,

Care Audio will be @ the NY Audio Show, Room 1019
There are some firsts along with surprises and SHOW Specials :)

Paul Weitzel of Tube ResearchLabs / TRL is a great Audio Engineer and I am not going to go through his impressive resume. No wonder his website needs a refresh ;-) He will be Launching TRL 600 Mono amps @ the show! They are NCore 1200 based power houses. Yes you can hear the DUDE too!

Chris Zainea from Calyx Audio  is another "good" guy. We will have the Calyx Flagship Femto DAC   along with 24/192 DAC . We'll have perhaps one of best sounding DACs at low, medium and high price points without spending crazy money.

Colleen Cardas - does the name sound familiar? :).
Colleen and Marc are also coming to the Show. She has managed to get us the Barons from MAD speakers UK, first time in the US. Please come for a listen and help us break them in ... :duh: :thumb:

One could argue that it all starts from the source. Kevin Welsh will be bringing A Cappella - Flagship music server with linear power supply and no moving parts. Simon, the mad scientist is sending an equally crazy USB cable to go with it ...

Our Alex from Wywires will tie it all together with his loom. I was one of the beta testers when he launched the line - the cables sounded quite good then. Apparently they have been vastly improved since :) Another good guy ... he is up for the A/B between his USB cable and Simon, the mad scientist's unaffordable usb cable.

We will have a reference level headphone setup with Amp from Allnic, and some of the best headphones by HiFiMAN and Audeze

Mr. Beetles has helped us bring Allnic Audio to the Room. I think these are one of the most most beautiful looking tube amps I know of. I have been listening to Allnic HPA5000 Headphone Amp and it is world class. Come hear it for yourself.

Barry Diament of Soundkeeper Recordings has sent us award winning High-Rez music. It is going to be fun! Thanks Barry, hope to see you in the room

RR has sent their High Rez Sampler

Bob is sending a solid rack from Sound Anchors

PS Audio is sending their P10 Power Plant to clean up the power

Our Dave Elledge will be sending us his Uber BUSS for further fine cleaning of power ...

Benjamin Webber has created some really unique products - Abffusors - they do dual function of absorption and diffusion.

See you at the show - 51st and Madison Ave. Room 1019. Care Audio

If there is anything you want at Show special Prices - please PM me.

Thanks all  :D
Sunil Lekhi
Care Audio
« Last Edit: 9 Apr 2013, 02:34 pm by saisunil »

saisunil

Thank you all for an overwhelming response at the show ...

This was my first show and I go away with a gratifying and humbling experience.
Gratifying for all the good comments and repeat visitors and waves of house full of eager audiophiles.
Humbling in the sense that some things did go wrong and some times we did not have the right music for the group or were a few seconds slow in switching tracks. Yes the system was a little on the hot side on the first day.

People were very open in terms of asking what they wanted, like switching amps or adding pre-amp into the equation or requested to play their own tracks ... We did what we could to please folks ...

Ya, the dude pre into Allnic amps were creating some magic.

I want to thanks Kevin from musica Pristina who came from Carolina to support the room. My friend summer was there from opening the boxes through packin it all.  It was great to have my wife jump on board and she was there for Friday and Saturday ... She is getting into it :)

Thanks to Colleen Cardas and Marc for their support through out the show and especially to Jeff Joseph who came to our rescue when things went south. That is what I love about this industry and hobby, there is a lot of camaraderie.

I want to thanks all the other partners who helped make this room happen.
- Paul at TRL, I have only one word for him ... 'Dude' ;-) ... The power supply in this pre is more powerful and sophisticated than most amps.
David beetles at hammertone for Allnic - cool sounding tube amp that looks equally cool
Chris - Femto is a winner DAC, it is the best DAC I have ever had and I do not see / hear any flaws in music reproduction.
- Alex of Wywires - great guy with a straight wire with no gain or should I say no loss :)
- Dave's PI Audio silently did the cleaning job ... A lot of people commented on transparency
- PS Audio p10 must have done well in conjunction with the UBER BUSS, as I could read the numbers showing lowering of distortion and supply of correct voltage without any loss of dynamics. Don't know if PS Audio was a disadvantage for the NCore 1200 based TRL 600 monos ... Or just that Allnic just sounded better in this configuration.
- Benjamin Webber had many people interested in his Abfussors - absorbers and diffusors in one ... More later on new possibilities
- Sound keeper recordings were very holographic and were some of the best examples of recordings done right, though we played all kinds of material from red book to high Rez.
- It is amazing that Hifiman team got a headphone amp shipped to us on Saturday ... We were able to let a few people enjoy the HE6 and other phones during brief periods ...

Above all, thanks to the press and friends and visitors for making all the hard work worthwhile and some learning along the way.

We will be compiling the list of emails and announcing a lucky winner :))

We will honor Show special prices for all the gear in the room, just email me ... Slekhi108@yahoo.com

Super thanks
Sunil Lekhi

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
What speakers did TRL use? 

saisunil

Barons from MAD speakers UK, first time in the US.

BobM

Some of the best sound at the show coming out of those Baron speakers IMO.

Thanks Sunil for being there.

ltr317

As BobM said, one of the best sounding rooms at the show.  Very good synergy among the components. 

Berto

I have to agree. The speaks looked a lil unconventional they were kinda of in-between towers and monitors but sounded HUGE. 

Congrats for putting on a great first show Sunil. You were a great host. I was amazed at how bad some of the setups were and you had great sound first night of the show. When I first walked in, the Allnic INT was playing and it sounded so good I thought for sure the Dude was in play, but it was not. I never heard the KT-120 and really liked it. Not a fan of triode switch and the Allnic sounded far better in pentode. When you switched the Dude into the Allnic it did give it more drive and energy, very lively and dynamic. I also heard the TRL Ncores, wow, talk about superfast with great sonics but the tubes on the MAD speaks is def the way to go!   

mtruong34

Own TRL Samson mono's, Dude preamp and a TRL mod SACD player.  I'm always interested in anything Paul makes.  Can anyone who has heard Samsons and his new Ncore amps provide some feedback?  Much appreciated.

saisunil

Thanks guys ... You make all the hard work worthwhile.
I agree, one could easily get the Allnic integrated and call it a day. Dude Pre amp is just one of those components that make your head shake in disbelief ... From size to price to sonics ... World class.

MAD speakers are a real surprise - transparency, dynamics and musicality in relatively small size. These is nothing polite about these speakers - all hand made in UK.

The Femto DAC with the music server was an exceptional source with low noise floor and solid bass.

Cables and power conditioning silently did their job.

We could have benefitted from some more absorption in the room. We got a large and deep soundstage with a slightly tipped up top end and a welcome bass boost.

It was unbelievable amount of effort - super exhausting. All the help was needed.

One of these days, we will compile the email list and announce a winner :)

I strongly urge all to buy something from the shows ... You get a good deal, support businesses and lighten their load, going back home 30 boxes was not fun.

SET Man

Hey!

Sunil, it was good to see you at the show. Nice collection of components there. The Allnic integ-amp looks good... love those tube chimneys and that was the first time I've heard about MAD speaker and hear them. One thing I'm familiar with was the PS Audio Power Plant... I have the older P600 since around 2002.

Anyway, for those who wasn't there here are pics I took of that room....

Care Audio Room by setpower1, on Flickr

Hope the lifting belt help keep your back from breaking. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

saisunil

Nice pictures buddy, thanks  :thumb:

Thanks to my friend Sumeer, for additional pix

saisunil

Here is a mention of Care Audio in Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/content/allnic-care-audio

saisunil

saisunil

saisunil

saisunil

Positive Feedback

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue66/ny2013.htm

"Later I heard the larger MAD Baron speakers ($13,000) driven by a Musica Pristina Network Player and an Allnic T-2000 tube integrated ($8,900) in the Care Audio room, which sounded good, with plenty of resonance and air."

saisunil

The Absolute Sound Coverage

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/new-york-audio-show-part-2/?page=4

"Care Audio was showing one of my favorite new speaker brands, My Audio Design (MAD). I was quite taken with the sexy Duke Royal at AXPONA; here was the far more affordable Baron ($13,000/pair). Paired with an Allnic T2000 integrated, here run as an amp-only ($8,900), with a Dude preamplifier from Tube Research Labs. A Calyx Femto DAC ($6,850) did the conversions from a Musica Pristina server ($6,500). The Barons are stand mount speakers with a graceful upward taper, an admittedly odd shape for a stand-mount. Take that away and I was happily awash in some lovely music. Great combo!"