Hail, Caesar!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Hail, Caesar!
« on: 18 Feb 2016, 07:35 am »
I just got back from Hail, Caesar! and I have to say that if the Coen Brothers' legacy needed any more cementing, this one does it! :thumb:  They are living treasures, no doubt.  The film is incredibly well acted; Josh Brolin and George Clooney stand out even though the entire cast is stellar.  The cinematography is terrific as you would expect and the film has the twists and turns you would expect (yet not expect!).  Really I hate to even discuss it because the plot is too convoluted to easily explain and I hate to give away a single delightful surprise.

Highly recommended!

THROWBACK

Re: Hail, Caesar!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2016, 02:11 pm »
I'm with you, Rob. Wacky fun. It might take several viewings to get some of the references but that will be fun too.

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2016, 12:10 am »
Even though I'm sort of an anti-Clooney, he typically chooses strong projects, and the Coen bros are must see for me. Glad to know it's a good one...I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, have you guys ever seen Inside Llewyn Davis?  That's a Coen film I've yet to see, but it's on my radar for sure given that it has both Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac, two of my favorite actors. Curious what you guys thought of it.

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2016, 01:25 am »
I'm going to the theater with the recliners for this one  :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2016, 01:38 am »
I saw Inside Llewyn Davis and I thought it was great!! :thumb: fantastic sound track!

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2016, 02:27 am »
Cool...I'm going to see it soon then