Rythmik 8" in distributed bass array?

bferguson

Rythmik 8" in distributed bass array?
« on: 15 Apr 2021, 06:53 pm »
Hi - does anyone have experience using the 8" Rythmik drivers in this kind of configuration? They each need 0.7 sqft of vol for a sealed box...two drivers per amplifier = 4 box speakers?....I don't know how far from the amp the driver can get (or what kind of tuning might allow distance). Nor do I know if you have to use their amp or if its possible to add the necessary circuitry to, say a rack mount style amp to run the speakers. Superficially, they would appear to provide a very small form factor and be capable of achieving a pretty broad range...any thoughts would be appreciated - Thanks!

bferguson

Re: Rythmik 8" in distributed bass array?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2021, 03:09 pm »
A number of people have viewed this so I'll just round it up by updating with what I know so far: a) The current kit is two speakers per amplifier b) the amp is designed to drive two speakers only

I was also advised by someone who does a lot of DSP work that these would be one of the better solutions for blending with fast and articulate speakers.

roscoe65

« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2021, 10:33 pm »
I own two Rhythmik F8 subwoofers.  They blend very well with smaller, articulate speakers.  I’m using them with Omega Super 3HO Monitors.

bferguson

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2021, 04:53 pm »
Thanks Roscoe that's helpful.

Has anyone tried these in a dual opposing configuration? What volume does the box need to be?  The specs say that each driver needs 0.7 cu ft, but the dual opposing subs in the market seem to be smaller in general than 2x the recommended volume....Thanks

VinceT

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2022, 01:14 am »
If some of the F8 users can chime in

I have been looking at these for quite some time. Do they do "punchy" being they are dual 8's in a sealed cab? Or more on the smooth and musical side being they are servo technology?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2022, 02:15 am »
No idea what punchy means but they do go flat to 10Hz.