Hypex ucd400LM

bdb02000

Hypex ucd400LM
« on: 6 May 2007, 04:26 am »
Hello,
Any information on when hypex will release the ucd400 with the LM opamp. also when thier new regulators will be available. maybe a better question is when might you guys offer them for sale?

thanks

Kevin Haskins

Re: Hypex ucd400LM
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2007, 03:57 pm »
I don't have a time-line outside of what Jan-Peter posted on the DIYAudio forum.   I'm expecting another 4-6 weeks for them to release from Hypex and my orders take an additional couple weeks to get into stock.      As soon as Hypex makes them available I'll stock them.   

Its great to see they are continuing to push the design.   From the experimentation I've done the better power supply on the buffer is really going to bring them all up a notch.

darwin

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2007, 08:57 pm »
Kevin,

Will you also be offering the new Hypex upgraded regulator as well? And would you explain to us electronically challenged folks what the installation of the new regulator will entail when installing it with the UCD400HG modules? Any soldering involved or will we be able to buy everything already assembled for plug 'n' play?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2007, 10:28 pm »
The short answer is "I don't know yet".   Once I have the parts in hand I'll decide how we are going to handle upgrades.   I plan on stocking the regulators also as I have a couple uses lined up for them.