Elish in walnut.

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Elish in walnut.
« on: 10 Apr 2004, 04:24 am »
I originaly wanted a pair of the Elishes [sp? it's late] for my bedroom system. I ended up buying a pair of Keelins because they came out first. The Keelins are fantastic speakers and I've decided to use them in my "big rig" in the basement. So, this morning I ordered a pair of Elishes for the bedroom system, in walnut. Mike, whats the current lead time and, how dark is the walnut?

Shamrock Audio

Re: Elish in walnut.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2004, 06:13 am »
Quote from: Merle
I originaly wanted a pair of the Elishes [sp? it's late] for my bedroom system. I ended up buying a pair of Keelins because they came out first. The Keelins are fantastic speakers and I've decided to use them in my "big rig" in the basement. So, this morning I ordered a pair of Elishes for the bedroom system, in walnut. Mike, whats the current lead time and, how dark is the walnut?

Hi Merle,

I know you initially wanted a pair of Eilish's, but when the Keelin's came out first I was glad to see your order. :)

I see that you've decided to move them out of the bedroom and into the "big rig" downstairs. What prompted the move and how do they perform there?

The Eilish cabinets are assembled and I should have them veneered tomorrow. I'm aiming for shipping them out the week of the 19th - 23rd.

It's hard to describe color, but they'll be dark and very rich looking. Walnut is one of my favorites. :) What color is the room and decor where they'll be placed?

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Elish in walnut.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2004, 03:27 pm »
Hi Mike,
I've always had a long habit of swapping out audio gear. I'm one of those guys who enjoys the gear as much as the music. That being said, I've always been fond of small two way speakers and tube amps. Frankly, the Keelins are a bit large for my bedroom. I took them down to the basement yesterday and they are just the perfect size for that room. I live in a 60 year old rowhouse in Baltimore, the rooms all tend to be small. In fact, I don't even have a stereo set up anywhere on the main floor. [no room] My basement is strickly set up as a listening room. It's not big but the acoustics are great and I'm able to get really nice sound down there. The Keelins are certainly right at home with the likes of Conrad-Johnson and Naim that I'm using down there. I placed them on 18 inch stands about 8 feet apart, 5 feet from the back wall [in the bedroom I could only get them around a foot from the wall] My seating position is about 8 feet away. Very nice sound. Even using tube amps the bass is deep with good impact. The height as well as the depth of the soundstage is fantastic. I think the Eilish will be a much better fit in the bedroom. I have one of the new Jolida 707a amps that I think will be an excellent match for the Eilish. The 707a puts out 40wpc using 6p3p output tubes and shares a lot of the charateristics of SET amps. A clear, sparkling midrange, very airy high end, but with enough power to drive most speakers[ I would highly recommend this amp, I think it's the best one Jolida makes!] Anyway, I'm rambling. The bedroom is kind of a very deep blue. [the color was "Jazz", like that tells you anything :)] I think the darker wood will look great in there. Please post a picture when you get the veneer done!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Elish in walnut.
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2004, 03:33 am »
Any pictures of the Eilish in walnut finish ? :)

Shamrock Audio

Elish in walnut.
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2004, 06:06 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Any pictures of the Eilish in walnut finish ? :)

I'll try to get some tomorrow. Merle's were just fired up this afternoon. :D

Maybe it's me, but I really like the walnut finish. I just think it looks great.  8)

Shamrock Audio

Elish in walnut.
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2004, 06:10 pm »
Here you go :)

Merle

Elish in walnut.
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2004, 01:59 am »
Now thats one fine looking speaker! :) I know they will have been more than worth the wait. The Keelins continue to impress, I adore them. Thanks again Mike.

tybee

Elish in walnut.
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2004, 09:33 pm »
Great looking speakers!   Merle, please post your impressions after you have had time for burn in.