Flying high psychedelically

klaus@odyssey

Flying high psychedelically
« on: 28 May 2013, 04:54 am »
(Get an oil wheel projector, psychedelic lights, and hammer out Get Ready by Rare Earth. or anything live by Jefferson or In a gadda da vida....woooooooooooooow)
That was FANTASTIC !!!!

steve f

Re: Flying high psychedelically
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2013, 08:36 pm »
Klaus, now you're talking! As an older audiophile (60) I have fond memories of the late 60's early70's music scene. Great music. I'm lucky to have been to a lot of concerts back then. I had to sneak into a couple of venues because I wasn't 21 yet.

Steve

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2013, 09:18 pm »
Same here//// when I was 13-15, I had a good friend from a rich parent who just loved to please his son.  We loved live music,  what can I say.  Soooo, once a month or so his dad would drive us to Hannover or other cities for some awesome concerts.  Back then in Germany it was no problem at all getting into concerts at a young age. 
Santana, Zappa, Wishbone Ash, Rory Gallagher, Jane, Eloy, etc, etc.   Probably have seen over 100 bands before I was even 18 years old.
Also,  hung out with the Scorpions when I was just 14 ,  being on the stage playing air guitar. (Rudolf must have gotten a kick out of that)
When I moved to Hannover for College, things got even easier.

We're talking mid-70's to mid-80's here,  when the music scene was fantastic.  I remember my first concerts being Sweet, Slade (great), Middle of the road, Colloseum, Manfred Mann's Earthband,  all before I turned 14.  Those were great times.

I also remember vividly some great light shows,  especially those with psychedelic rotating lights.
Well,  got myself a Mania DC3 with oil wheels,  and reproduce that myself in my room now.  Man,  it's groovy....

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2013, 11:08 pm »
When I was 13, I saw Jethro Tull at the Newport Jazz Festival in Rhode Island.  I then saw The Doors in 1970 and from 1970-1778, I saw over 300 concerts including all the greats, Led Zepp, The Who, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, etc.  Back then, usually the best seats were a whopping $6.50.  I had a part time job since I was 13, so money wasn't a problem.  The good old days.

rooze

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2013, 11:13 pm »
Ahhh.....Sweet and Slade....may favorite bands in the early 70's (when I was a kid and didn't know any better)....what about Mud and Showaddywaddy?? and....Suzie Quattro  :thumb:
(thank you Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman)

raddar

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2013, 12:27 am »
Ahhh.....Sweet and Slade....may favorite bands in the early 70's (when I was a kid and didn't know any better)....what about Mud and Showaddywaddy?? and....Suzie Quattro  :thumb:
(thank you Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman)

I loved  Sweet and Slade as well, how about Atomic Rooster and Wishbone Ash?

NavyDoc

• Virabus mari victoria
« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2013, 02:02 pm »
I listened to a little Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush the other day, was fun. I am waiting for my SACD of Steppenwolf's debut album. I have seen only a few of the greats, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Rory Gallager, Gary Moore, Frank Marino, Uriah Heel, Jethro Tull, etc. Did like Sweet back in the day (circa 1974).

Growing up in Kansas didn't have the access that Klaus experienced, but I did have the Scorpions stop at the gas station I worked at in 90's (11 summers pumping gas, washing windows with a shamee, fixing semi truck tires - good times that I do not miss. Yep, I was in college a looooooooong timei). I need to dig out my Tokyo Tapes album, need a little old (kind of twisted) Scorp's, not the later hair metal-like band they became.

Eugene2

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2013, 07:46 pm »
(Get an oil wheel projector, psychedelic lights, and hammer out Get Ready by Rare Earth. or anything live by Jefferson or In a gadda da vida....woooooooooooooow)
That was FANTASTIC !!!!
See Klaus you're smokin that stuff again, I had to fire up the Kismet integrated, Eximus DP1 Dac and Vapor Cirrus and opened a Krombacher (my buddy turned me on ) then I went and pulled out Pink Floyd, Rare Earth and Buddy Miles Live "Down By The River" eased back in the chair...  :o :o
I'll jump on the Ducati later, I guess...

dangerbird

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jun 2013, 08:27 pm »
atta'boy Klaus--you have inspired me to dig out my blacklite!

pavment

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jul 2013, 05:56 am »
Why does everyone omit Genesis? Peter Gabriel and co puts a lot of the psychedelics on full on mode.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #11 on: 1 Jul 2013, 11:16 am »
Thanks for videos.

Loved the Bowie Suffragette City video! 8)

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2013, 06:59 pm »
Klaus, you make me want to dig out the box of records and pull out Iron Butterfly.  Also, my favorite group when I was in college - Blood, Sweat & Tears.  Wow.  Nostalgia attack here :drums:

michaelhigh

« Reply #13 on: 4 Oct 2013, 07:54 pm »
Fifty Foot Hose? (think JA on acid)

Brainticket? (electronic)

Soft Machine? (Floyd-era 14 Hour Technicolour Dream participants)

I thought JA WERE on acid till I heard Fifty Foot Hose!

Don't make me start, I'll never stop suggesting topically-correct bands for this thread.  :green:

After all, considering the fact that michaelhigh is a derivative of my real name (Michael Hy Yaffe), that's not the only reason I use it!  :green: