10 days and counting...

Wind Chaser

10 days and counting...
« on: 8 Aug 2017, 07:25 pm »
Well actually he did say... 'about' 10 days.  :lol:

Just ordered a silver DAC-9 and a silver STA-9. The STA-9 will replace my 8 watt Coincident SET. This particular SET is quite a remarkable amp; however it just doesn't cope so well with the difficult load of Spatial M3TS. That became very apparent when I plugged in a cheap TPA 3116, which btw costs a fraction of any single tube in the SET. So based on that experience, I knew I wanted to go with an up to date Class D amp.

I considered a few different options but ultimately chose the Nuprime STA-9 for a couple of reasons. I like the fact that should I desire more power, it is bridgeable. I like the fact that it is a hybrid of sorts, merging Class A with Class D. I also like the fact that it is "designed with enhanced even-order harmonic circuitry" that gives it some tube like qualities.

I didn't want to spend a whole lot on a new DAC simply because the technology seems to be moving forward very quickly. The DAC-9 came to me very highly recommended by someone who's gone through a number of very highly regarded DACs, some that cost a fair bit more than the DAC-9. I also like the idea that it is self contained with a built in preamp.

One question...

Is there a Blue Tooth dongle that I can plug into the DAC-9?

JackD

Re: 10 days and counting...
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2017, 07:59 pm »
Should be the same one that comes in the box with the IDA-8.  PM Jason and see if he knows who the OEM is for it or check with John.

Anyway this one should work and on sale.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6PF4837790&cm_re=bluetooth-_-9SIA6PF4837790-_-Product
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2017, 03:43 am by JackD »

rustydoglim

Re: 10 days and counting...
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2017, 10:50 pm »
No, this dongle WILL NOT WORK!
Please read the manual and product page carefully.  The extension port for bluetooth is NOT USB.
You need to use NuPrime BTR-8 dongle, or just buy any bluetooth receiver with optical or coaxial output.