Here's My Dilemma

DRHamp

Here's My Dilemma
« on: 21 Mar 2022, 02:46 pm »
In February of 2021 I purchased a pair of Golden Cherry Monoblocks.  They are red, so I can't confirm that they are Golden Cherries or 60V Desk Top Marschinos.
At any rate, I accidentally (stupidly) shorted the outputs on one of the amplifiers.  I contacted DAC in November, 2021 explaining what happened.  I was advised by DAC to send the non-working amplifier in for repair - I did so and it was received and signed for on 11/26/21.
Obviously, the timing couldn't have been worse.  I’ve tried reaching out to anyone at DAC with no response and have given up hope that a response is forthcoming.
Long story, short, I now have a complete 1 channel monoblock with 60V supply and a separate 60V power supply with no amplifier.  Of course, this is useless to me and a real shame that these wonderful amps can't be put to use.

Bottom line, I would like to sell any or all of the above.  Alternatively, I would like to buy a single Desk Top Marachino amplifier (with or without power supply).

I know it is unlikely that this is possible, but it didn’t hurt to ask.

Jstower

Re: Here's My Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2022, 05:21 pm »
The owner had passed away in the beginning  of December 2021.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2022, 05:23 pm »
The owner had passed away in the beginning  of December 2021.

Yes - the thread is here - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=179605.0

DRHamp

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2022, 05:34 pm »
Guys,  I know that and was very saddened by Tommy's passing. 

Perhaps I worded my post wrong - it was not intended to air any negative feeling about DAC - never the less the dilemma remains.