New owner of Daedalus Audio Ulysses speakers

Ulisse60

Re: New owner of Daedalus Audio Ulysses speakers
« Reply #80 on: 1 Oct 2023, 05:00 pm »
A little update on the Gryphon Essence
After a week of listening to songs and works that I have known for 25 years, listened to in numerous systems other than mine and at audio fairs and events, I can affirm, in my opinion, that this Essence maintains what the name wants to indicate, that is, it goes all the way 'essence of Music, with a capital EMME.
The best final amplifier passed through my system, a sound and musical realism that I did not expect, will keep the Ulysses company in the partnership that will continue until I have good ears to listen to music, by me and for my tastes, definitively. . .

regards, Dario

Ulisse60

« Reply #81 on: 20 Oct 2023, 10:23 pm »
Several afternoons and evenings of listening confirm the remarkable qualities of the Gryphon, I would like to know if any of the Daedalus owners have listened to this combination and possibly if there are any interesting suggestions on the speaker amplifier connection cables, such as characteristics of materials or choices of geometries and possibly the models used in your system.
I am also evaluating whether the final placed on the ground on its standard feet can be placed in better insulation conditions, Gryphon offers black feet, i.e. tips that replace the rubber feet, I was thinking of Gaia or other equivalent products that insulate instead of pair . . .
Thank you for any suggestions, advice or experiences you would like to share!!

regards, Dario

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #82 on: 21 Oct 2023, 06:19 pm »
Hello, Dario.

While I have heard a Gryphon amp before, it was in an unfamiliar system/different speakers, so I don't know how your amp might sound with your Ulysses speakers. Very soon, I will have a new pair of mono 300b amps in my system, and I'm looking forward to new enjoyment in music.

Michael

Ulisse60

« Reply #83 on: 28 Oct 2023, 04:40 pm »
Good morning everyone, I'm listening to a pair of Nordost Tyr 2 speaker cables, and I'm appreciating what I hear, I was a little prejudiced about Nordost cables, having listened to some models from the first series, but these Tyr 2 are remarkable for extension, dynamics and detail , with a good tone and bass present and retained but not dry, nice speaker cables, without a doubt. . . !!
Any experience with Nordost cabling? Speakers cables first and foremost, but also ac power or signal, thanks for your feedback

regards, Dario
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2024, 10:05 pm by Ulisse60 »

Ulisse60

« Reply #84 on: 31 Oct 2023, 02:07 pm »
Have a good day everyone, what you see in the photo are the plastic feet of the Gryphon Essence
Really cheap, and in fact Gryphon offers black spikes, I screwed M6 size Soundcare Superspikes in place of the feet and the sound gained in focus and linearity, greater control in the bass, excellent result, of course they could have used better made supports and quality. . . Greetings Dario

« Last Edit: 1 Nov 2023, 03:10 pm by Ulisse60 »

Ulisse60

« Reply #85 on: 1 Nov 2023, 03:09 pm »
Hello everyone
The latest local music update, very satisfied with the musical result, I'll stop everything for now, listen to music, metabolise sound and sound parameters, some components are still being run in, for news , we'll see next year!!!

If there are any curiosities, requests for information or anything else, I would be happy if you write here :wink:

regards, Dario

Ulisse60

« Reply #86 on: 14 Nov 2023, 04:19 pm »
Hi everyone
With the curiosity that always accompanies me in the audio field, I brought home a pair of Spendor SA 1, mini speakers from several years ago, but when Hi Fi objects are well designed and built, the result is always interesting.
The Spendors have only been in the music room for 2 days, but they are really fascinating me . . .
I really like the sound they offer, the finish, the less invasiveness compared to the Ulysses, they pay a toll both at the top and especially at the bottom, but it's a correct and pleasant listen. . . !
Dario

Ulisse60

« Reply #87 on: 30 Jan 2024, 09:31 pm »
Hi everyone
It's been a long time since I wrote here, but I had personal and work commitments, I wanted to share some small updates, including the insertion of a Furutech FP-3TS762 power cable, with Schuko and IEC 19A Furutech FI 52, assembled by me and which compares with the Zavfino, up to the possibility of trying other power cables for the Gryphon Essence.
Furthermore, I was able to try a pair of xlr cables between pre and power, which really impressed me in many parameters, the Kimber KS 1130, instead of the current AG signal,An artisanal product which is very good in relation to the cost, but which shows various limitations, as I could have expected, and today it represents a bit of the weak point of my current wiring, so I will try to find a good used one from Kimber, regards, Dario

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #88 on: 30 Jan 2024, 10:17 pm »
Hi everyone
With the curiosity that always accompanies me in the audio field, I brought home a pair of Spendor SA 1, mini speakers from several years ago, but when Hi Fi objects are well designed and built, the result is always interesting.
The Spendors have only been in the music room for 2 days, but they are really fascinating me . . .
I really like the sound they offer, the finish, the less invasiveness compared to the Ulysses, they pay a toll both at the top and especially at the bottom, but it's a correct and pleasant listen. . . !
Dario

Hello, Dario.

I missed this post in November - too busy with other things, I think.

I quite like the Spendor sound in its Classic two- and three-way configurations. I periodically consider adding a pair of Spendor two-ways for my home office, but haven't actually purchased any. I auditioned a pair of D7 speakers a couple years ago that left me flat and very underwhelmed.

Ulisse60

« Reply #89 on: 31 Jan 2024, 09:54 pm »
Hello, Dario.

I missed this post in November - too busy with other things, I think.

I quite like the Spendor sound in its Classic two- and three-way configurations. I periodically consider adding a pair of Spendor two-ways for my home office, but haven't actually purchased any. I auditioned a pair of D7 speakers a couple years ago that left me flat and very underwhelmed.

Hello Mresseguie,
The Spendor floor standing speakers are very different from the classic 2-way stand speakers, I don't have great listening experiences with the D7, but if I wanted floor standing speakers I would look elsewhere, while I have had, for reasons of space and listening curiosity, several stand projects, by ProAc, the Tablette 2000, the Studio 1, the Studio 100, the SM 100, and the latest Tablette ten. . .

I had the P3 ES from Harbeth many years ago, I think the latest ones are definitely better, from Spendor the S3/5R2, and these SA1, with their original stands that I found just before Christmas. . .
The best is ???
Spendor SA1!!!
They are speakers from 2009, and Spendor has made a lot of effort to best harmonize the 2 transducers, the crossover and the internal wiring, not least the 2 WBT terminals.
Definitely a quality product, which already cost around 1300 pounds in 2010, and around 400 pounds for the dedicated stands.
Expensive as stand speakers, but the quality certainly comes out when listening, in my system/environment they did very well, compared to the Spendor S375R2 and the Tablette ten, they sounded more lively, tonally very correct even in comparison with the Ulysses, obviously on a smaller scale, but they showed correct timbre, refinement, greater extension and coherence than the other 2 in comparison, above all, very engaging, with the limits that the dimensions and the woofer impose, but enjoyable and coherent, definitely a mini worth trying to listen to!!
If you happen to find a pair, in my opinion, to be taken into great consideration for a second system or for less impactful but equally satisfying listening. . .
regards, Dario

P.S. I
I have saved several files from the web on the SA1, reviews and presentations of the speakers, I don't know if it is welcome to mention other platforms and magazines here, if so, send me your email address and I can send you the documentation I have on the SA1 privately

Ulisse60

« Reply #90 on: 2 Mar 2024, 09:17 pm »
Hello Forum readers,
latest updates, I found a pair of Kimber KS 1136, 1 meter, used, really excellent, connected between pre and power amplifier, they have improved the sound a lot in terms of naturalness and refinement, focus and microdynamics.
Furthermore, at the suggestion of a friend, I placed the Gryphon alongside the audio rack, so I was able to use a much shorter, while still managing to make the best use of the Nordost Tyr cables between the power amplifier and the speakers. !!In addition, I removed the Furutech TP 609e power distributor, gaining a little in dynamics and cleanliness, by connecting the power cables directly to the wall.
A real gem was the possibility, thanks to the kindness of a friend who bought it, but not connected it because he was waiting for the speakers, of a Stealth Dream 20/20 power cable, which I inserted into the audio preamplifier.
What can I say, a cable with astonishing properties, it seems to have changed a component of the audio system, incredible dynamics, fire, extension, a notable energy boost, a higher stage and all this without forcing dynamics or timbres, a naturalness that is difficult to understand without listening. . .
Greetings , Dario

Ulisse60

« Reply #91 on: 31 Mar 2024, 05:05 pm »
Good morning everyone,
I wanted to wish a happy Easter to all the participants in the Forum, and thank you for following me up to over 20,000 views!!
I am very amazed at this attention to my modest audio system and to the things I have written, after many years of refinement I think I have achieved a good result, but like many audio enthusiasts the desire to do better and to listen to more is always present, although today I think I have reached the limits of the environment, so I think I will listen to music and when I can offer a better room for the music, start again with some increments, such as inserting the bows I have aside. . .
Best wishes and questions or further information are welcome
hello Dario
P.S. Two images of the last configuration !