NuPrime IDA-32

muellec3

NuPrime IDA-32
« on: 13 Apr 2018, 01:08 pm »
Sometime end of last year the IDA-32 was mentioned to be released in Q1 2018 (http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149493.60).
Are there any further info/pics/news about this new integrated amp available yet?
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2018, 08:57 pm by muellec3 »

Samac

Re: NuPrime IDA-32
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2018, 02:01 pm »
As a very satisfied owner of an IDA-16 I am also interested on the status of the IDA-32. The IDA-16 is an outstanding integrated; I look forward to what more the IDA-32 could offer. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

Tom Davis

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2018, 05:40 pm »
I agree, I just ordered the CDT-8 for my IDA-16, but really I ordered it to go with the, yes, IDA-32.

Do we have more info on it yet?

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2018, 07:03 pm »
Hopefully the inclusion of the i2c connector on the CDT means the IDA-32 has such an imput?

Tom Davis

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2018, 01:40 am »
Yes, that's my hope as well. And it's one of the reasons I ordered the CDT-8 now in anticipation of the arrival (next month?) of the IDA-32.

Tom Davis

« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2018, 05:38 pm »
In communication over the delivery of my CDT-8, the expectation now is that the IDA-32 will not come out until the "end of the year."

Disappointing, but understandable given NuPrime's concentration on getting out the Evo monos and the much-delayed Omnia.

rustydoglim

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2018, 04:52 pm »
There are also other products: MCX series, IDA Omnia

muellec3

« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2018, 07:41 pm »
Dear Jason
Thank you for your share - but I would like to pose my initial question again as I feel it is still unanswered:

Are there any further info/pics/news about this new integrated amp available yet?

envydd

« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2018, 07:58 pm »
Is the Omnia selling soon? Would love to see the guts of the evolution one inside an integrated IDA-32.

Am happy with my NuPrime AVA till then (just use the DAC10 and the IDA-16 modules out of it).

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2018, 07:33 pm »
My distributors have advice me not to spread rumours :).  I have a big mouth and like to chat with customers.  But as you know, R&D is never certain, and there are lots of moving targets.
There are some things we are more certain of by now.
IDA-16 is not going to be replaced any time soon. We can't squeeze Omnia board and some other stuff inside IDA-16 and still keep it at this price. And some customers don't need the streaming device as they have other preferences (from cheap Google Chromecast to other high end streamer).  So, the plan is to release a preamp+Omnia+optional CD transport in the 17" wide series.  This model can also work with Evolution One.
The all-in-one IDA-32 would have everything built-in but cost more.  I am still hopeful that it can be released before end of the year.

muellec3

« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2018, 08:08 am »
Dear Jason

Thank you for the statement.
I did not mean to push you on this... I would say that I rather followed up on some rumors you already spread  :thumb:.

Keopele

« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2018, 01:20 pm »
If the preamp with Omnia mentioned by Rusty is as good or better than the preamp in the HPA-9 and the DAC inside it is as good or better than the DAC-9, then this sounds like a great product and is exactly what I'm looking for.  I hope it will include at least one analog input like the DAC-9.  I'm looking forward to more details about this product.

muellec3

« Reply #12 on: 18 Dec 2018, 01:21 pm »
Dear Jason

With the end of year now approaching - could you shed some light on the IDA-32 developments? Are you still pursuing this model/anything similar?
Or do I have to look into the direction of the EVO Range (which cost significantly more...)

Your reply would be most appreciated.

Chris

rustydoglim

« Reply #13 on: 21 Dec 2018, 07:29 pm »
See my post today on the Evo DAC topic.
IDA-32 probably won't ship until mid 2019.  Now we need to put some of Evo DAC, some of Evo One, and Omnia, then painstakingly integrate together for IDA-32.

muellec3

« Reply #14 on: 23 Dec 2018, 07:38 pm »
Thank you for the info Jason.
I hope you are able to integrate roon compatibility into the IDA-32. This would make it a true one-box-design for my purposes.
Cheers
Chris

rustydoglim

« Reply #15 on: 26 Dec 2018, 04:45 am »
From what I understand, integrating Roon is a matter of having the device showing up with a better description in their system, and it doesn't matter as far as performance or integration is concern.  We will contact Roon but we would have to make the trade off whether it is important for most customers to add some additional text info with an increase in price. Or if this is a matter of registering with Roon when the device's USB name is connected (ie it sees IDA-32 USB Audio and therefore knows that this is an integrated amp with a set of features).

MQA is another integration that we still don't know if it is worth the effort and cost.  MQA sounded different since it is encoded differently (whether it is better sounding is up to debate) and the issue is whether the hardware decoding on the USB chip (there is a special XMOS USB chip with more firmware codes) makes any different from simply doing the decoding on the computer. To us engineer, you computer would be able to do a better job if there is going to be any different.
PC (decode here) -> XMOS USB -> DAC
PC -> XMOS USB (decode here) -> DAC
What goes into the DAC is exactly the same.

muellec3

« Reply #16 on: 11 Nov 2020, 10:00 pm »
Dear Jason

As a happy IDA-16 owner with the requirement of a little more power and a general update (Roon capability) I try my luck again:
Are there any further info/pics/news about this new integrated amp IDA-32 available yet?

Thank you