Hi Fi News Review, July 2006, UK

H_S_D

« on: 19 Jun 2006, 04:50 am »
in case you have not read the review, here is a copy for you.  Congratulations to all Hyperion owners.  You guys are the real winners.  Please spread the news.  Thanks.

http://www.hyperionsound.com/

H_S_D

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2006, 08:39 am »
:lol: The review in HiFi News is almost exactly like mine that I wrote in '04.  His comparison of the 938s transparency to the Martin Logan electrostat, starting dynamics, crystal clear highs, uncanny realistic imaging, and overall superb musicality are just as I described in my orginal review.  Seems like the reviewer read my review before writing his?  All teasing aside, an excellent review.

chao

Re: Hi Fi News Review, July 2006, UK
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2006, 11:08 pm »
Just read the HI-Fi News review .
The british press is even more enthusiastic than the US! :thumb:

speedypenguin

• “ I live my daydreams in music “ … A Einstein
Re: Hi Fi News Review, July 2006, UK
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2023, 08:30 am »
Hi,

I have just joined this forum - what’s great community!

As it happens, I’ve also just taken stewardship of a lovely pair of HP 938’s in Birds Eye maple finish and am absolutely delighted with them. What a sound!

I am getting acquainted with them via a Unison Research Power 35 p/p valve power amp in single wire mode but plan to explore them further by bi amping them with a second P35 that I have waiting in the wings …

In the meantime, I’m am also trying to access as much information on the 938’s and would like to read the HF News review. However the Hyperion Site does not appear to have an active link. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to obtaining access to the review please? Any help would be most appreciated.

PS I also hope to post share of my own impressions on these fantastic transducers in the not too distant future