Comparisons between Spatial Audio and Pure Audio Project Speakers

dirtrat

Long time reader and first time poster. I know most owners here may be biased but I was curious if anyone has made actual listening comparisons between Spatial Audio and Pure Audio Project Speakers. I've been attempting to attend some audio shows the last couple of years but they have all been cancelled that I wanted to attend. I know spatial audio has been at some past audio shows but not sure about Pure Audio Project. I'm buying all new home audio products in the near future and I'm doing some research and welcome opinions.

russellreich

I own X5s and have heard PAP speakers twice at two separate NY audio shows.

Very reluctant to do any kind of comparative analysis since time and different listening circumstances are significant variables at play, but I can say the PAP speakers sounded terrific, as do Spatial Audio speakers. Open, clear, vivid and vibrant. They have similarities in design, of course, leading to similar wave propagation patterns while their drivers are very different (with more choices with PAPs, which I do not necessarily consider a good thing), among other differences.  I bought the Spatials for a number of reasons, some related to sonic preferences and others related to …. well, the things that inform buying decisions like aesthetics, trust, belief, price, timing …

Both are very much worth checking out before buying.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
PAP is good, Spatial is better, IME.

Randy

I have a pair of Pure Audio Project speakers and love them.  They don't sell any self powered speakers like Spatial if that's what you're interested in.

radarnyc

Would it not be more appropriate to post this kind of question in the Open Baffle board (https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=90.0)? Clayton pays for this Spatial Audio board so it doesn't really feel right to post about competitors