Black Hole in HT1's

Marbles

Black Hole in HT1's
« on: 6 Jan 2006, 03:23 pm »
Jim,

When you made this speaker, you used BH5:

http://www.salksound.com/gallery-votm-1005-1.html

Can you tell us how the BH5 changed the sound?

Is it better, worse, about the same?

If better, would it be a good after market upgrade for the midrange/tweeter cabinets in our HT3's?

Thanks

John151

Black Hole in HT1's
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2006, 04:38 pm »
Has the Salk logo changed recently?  It looks very nice, and seems different to me?  

jsalk

Black Hole in HT1's
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2006, 09:32 pm »
Marbles -

Blackhole 5 is primarily to dimisnh cabinet resonance and, thus, is more beneficial with lower frequency content.  Since the HT1's play full-range, it is more important than in the mid/tweeter section of the HT3's.  

If you would like to try an experiment, I can certainly cut some and send it to you.  You could then do one cabinet and see if there is any significant improvement.  

That said, I wouldn't expect much of a difference.

- Jim

Marbles

Black Hole in HT1's
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2006, 09:34 pm »
Jim, That's very nice of you.

I need to get ready for a kids play, but I will call you this weekend to discuss.

Rob

jsalk

Black Hole in HT1's
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2006, 01:02 am »
John151 -

Quote from: John151
Has the Salk logo changed recently?  It looks very nice, and seems different to me?

Yes, the logo was updated this past September.  Thanks for the positive comments.

The reason it did not show up in your post is that it is in the background at the top of each page.  The graphic you posted is actually a tranparent .gif file that is placed over the top of it.

- Jim