Salk Soundscape 10

jsalk

Re: Salk Soundscape 10
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jul 2011, 10:41 pm »
We're back from the CA Audio show and I thought a few comments would be in order.

There are many people who would consider SoundScape 10's for surrounds as being gross overkill.  I would agree with that thinking.  On the other hand, if the budget allows it, you would certainly have a world-class system to say the least.  There is a line of thinking that says, when it comes to high end audio, there is no such thing as overkill.

great info thank you for the link.

those 6.5 inch dual tower would make great surounds but evidently they will not be produced also those 8 inch speakers will cost more than the Soundscapes.

Well, there is no reason we could not build them.  They are a great design in every respect, but they just don't play quite as deep.  So if using them with a subwoofer, there is no issue at all and we would be happy to build them.

Also, there must be some confusion as any future SoundScape 8 design would be priced lower than the SoundScape 10's.

Its between Soundscape 10 and one other speaker brand  close to the same price so this is a tough decision.

Keep in mind that if you are looking at speakers sold at retail, you would have to look at speakers in the $20K - $50K range in order to compare apples to apples.

- Jim

stillen

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jul 2011, 01:13 am »
Yes I would set these Soundscape 10's to large if acquired 

This audio journey is something else now I know what people mean.

highfilter

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jul 2011, 05:28 am »
I put up a video of my own SoundScapes to show Stillen the look/feel of them. Got home late and had terrible lighting, but here is the little video I put together incase anyone wants to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvDY1s3Zeq4

They still impress me everytime I sit down and do some listening. Pictures and video don't do these things justice, but hopefully it will tempt some people. Haha.

fsimms

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm »
Kewl video!  :thumb:

Is the audio track recorded from the SoundScapes?

Bob

highfilter

« Reply #24 on: 27 Jul 2011, 04:36 pm »
Kewl video!  :thumb:

Is the audio track recorded from the SoundScapes?

Bob

I was using a Canon 7D DSLR and had no external microphone, so I didn't record any audio except for the last track on the woofer shot. The stock mic records in mono and isn't the greatest to showcase these speakers, heh.

Wig

« Reply #25 on: 10 Aug 2011, 05:59 am »
Very Nice! I'll be replacing my Avalon Ascendants with the SS8's and I can't wait.

Wig :thumb: