Another soon to be HT2-TL owner

earthbound

Another soon to be HT2-TL owner
« on: 23 Apr 2009, 12:48 am »
My speaker quest is over! I ordered a pair of cherry HT2-TL's from Jim last night! I was so excited I could barely sleep and kept my wife awake blabbing about them and music in general. It was only a couple days ago when I sheepishly mentioned to her that someday I would like to spend vast sums of our limited retirement money on Salk speakers, so she sat down and figured out how we could work them into our budget! Oh what a lucky man am I!  :inlove:

Before my speaker quest began I really just wanted to upgrade my home theater so I started with a Denon 3808CI 7.1 channel receiver. I was very surprised at how much better my old speakers sounded with the new amp, and I started to listen to music again like I did many years ago with my little old NAD integrated stereo amp. Anyway, a few days ago I finally realized (again) that my true love is music, and that home theater is at best a side show. What I needed were two good fronts for >99% music use, not 7.1 speakers for that <1% of the time. So here I am all of a sudden on the verge of becoming a Salk newbie.
Music yes! Home theater, uh, not so much. Oh happy day!  :dance:

I really can't thank all of you forum posters enough for the education you've given me both here and on AVS! I first stumbled upon Nuance's perfect speaker journey while googling for exactly that kind of information, and I was thrilled to find somebody on the same quest, although I was more on the home theater track at the time. I was really surprised to find out how similar his thoughts and opinions were to my own.
To Nuance I say :beer: cheers and thanks for putting something out there for google to find!
And to Jim and crew  :bowdown:

Thanks again everyone!
Mike

PS: Jim, are they done yet?  :D

rahimlee54

Re: Another soon to be HT2-TL owner
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2009, 01:09 am »
I ordered around March 3rd still and I have got to be getting close to mine being done, so I doubt yours are done yet :-p.  Congrats on the purchase though, try to find a way to pass the time.

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2009, 01:58 am »
Wow, another member of the Salk club- Awesome!

Congrats, earthbound.  We're happy to have you joining the owner's family. 

fsimms

« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2009, 01:29 pm »
My speaker quest is over! I ordered a pair of cherry HT2-TL's from Jim last night!

Congratulations Earthbound!  You will be blown away by your new speakers when you get them.  You will no longer be "Earthbound".  :lol:

Bob

OgOgilby

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2009, 03:31 pm »
Congrats on your choice of speakers Mike, and welcome to the family!

The wait is a bit tough but it should be well worth it. What is a bit more frustrating is the HT2 TL's I ordered were sent by different routes (thanks FedEx) so one arrived yesterday morning and the other still isn't here yet! So close... :duh:

-Greg

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2009, 06:34 pm »

The wait is a bit tough but it should be well worth it. What is a bit more frustrating is the HT2 TL's I ordered were sent by different routes (thanks FedEx) so one arrived yesterday morning and the other still isn't here yet! So close... :duh:

-Greg

Greg, that is a bummer.  I hope that the other speaker will arrive today.

Mike, the wait isn't too bad, and you will have some extraordinary speakers in the end.

earthbound

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2009, 07:26 pm »

-Greg

That sucks Greg but you should be getting it real soon now. I think I'm going to drive to Jim's and pick mine up myself, about 2.5 hours depending on traffic around the Detroit area. The trip back home will probably seem like 2.5 days!

earthbound

« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2009, 07:27 pm »
My speaker quest is over! I ordered a pair of cherry HT2-TL's from Jim last night!

Congratulations Earthbound!  You will be blown away by your new speakers when you get them.  You will no longer be "Earthbound".  :lol:

Bob

That's what I counting on!  :angel:

earthbound

« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2009, 07:33 pm »
Wow, another member of the Salk club- Awesome!

Congrats, earthbound.  We're happy to have you joining the owner's family. 

Thanks Nuance. I feel privileged to almost be an owner.

earthbound

« Reply #9 on: 23 Apr 2009, 07:41 pm »
I ordered around March 3rd still and I have got to be getting close to mine being done, so I doubt yours are done yet :-p.  Congrats on the purchase though, try to find a way to pass the time.

Sorry for posting so much, but what the hey, I'm family now! Deal with it!

Fortunately I have plenty of work to do in my smallish listening room while I wait for mine to be ready, like ripping off 30 year old paneling, tearing down the ceiling tiles, closing off an extra doorway to front porch, drywalling, painting, possibly building bass traps into the wall, etc.  I also have two new listening chairs being delivered tomorrow but they're going to have to stay in the garage for awhile. So much to do!

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #10 on: 23 Apr 2009, 08:30 pm »
building bass traps into the wall

Whoo hoo!  "You can never be too tan or too rich or have too much low frequency absorption."  George Hamilton with my poetic license

Gord_Toronto

« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2009, 12:04 am »

-Greg

Hey, does that mean your going to post pictures of 2 different trucks making the 2 deliveries?

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2009, 02:00 am »
So Cool!

Congrats the Salks are wonderful "transducers" and you are in for a real treat...time to start buying some material!!

All the best
Alex

TJHUB

« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2009, 03:10 am »
Hey, does that mean your going to post pictures of 2 different trucks making the 2 deliveries?

He certainly should!  :D

OgOgilby

« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2009, 01:24 pm »

-Greg

:lol: Dang it, I forgot to take a shot of the 1st truck  :oops: