new HT setup

Papajin

Re: new HT setup
« Reply #20 on: 19 Oct 2006, 06:14 pm »
You are right, yours was in the trailer.  They got a late start on Tues.  Jim thought they would be to my house here in Mexico, Missouri around noon Wed. or a little before.  They actually got here at 7pm.  They were going to try and get to KC tonight.  I'm sure you will enjoy the speakers.  They are very dynamic and reproduce HT superbly.  Music is incredible. What more can I say.

gthomas

No need to go on!  I already have a pair of HT3's here that I'll be swapping with Jim when he gets here so I've been listening to the HT3's for quite awhile. :)

gthomas

« Reply #21 on: 19 Oct 2006, 07:14 pm »
What are you swapping for?

Gene

Papajin

« Reply #22 on: 20 Oct 2006, 04:36 am »
A slightly different 5-speaker set. :)

ctviggen

« Reply #23 on: 20 Oct 2006, 12:37 pm »
2.  To have the bass "corrected" by using the built in room optimization program.
3.  Placement of HT3's vs. subs

I agree with George on these, especially if you can place the subs into the room somewhat.  Ideal placement is basically in the "nulls" for room modes, which minimizes the interaction with room modes.  The correction will also help and will smooth the modal response.  The combination of the two would be killer.  Having said that, I only use my (three) subs for movies.  But that's party due to time considerations (recently, I basically have had very little time to fiddle with my system), monetary considerations (room correction entails getting another piece of electronics, yet more interconnects, etc.), and placement considerations (I cannot really move my subs into the room, but can keep them away from the corners).  If you have time, money, and room, then I'd recommend trying this.

gthomas

« Reply #24 on: 28 Oct 2006, 05:54 pm »
Well, I have my HT fully completed.  My HT3,HTC,HT1s are up and running.  I have a pair of the new JL Audio Fathom F113 subs and a Sony KDS70 XBR2 TV.  My wife says she can see and hear a vast difference.  Now as you know, that's important when you spend that kind of money on a hobby.  The Salks are just incredible.  Jim posted pictures earlier on the Circle as some may have seen.  Pictures just don't do them justice.

Gene :drool:

jsalk

« Reply #25 on: 30 Oct 2006, 02:38 am »
Gene -

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new HT system.  And I am especially glad your wife can hear the difference.  You had good speakers to begin with, so I am happy you both percieve definite improvements in the sound quality.  Glad you like the finish as well.

Happy listening!

- Jim