Spatial M3 Turbo S are in the house!

Hear Clifford Brown

Re: Spatial M3 Turbo S are in the house!
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:18 am »
Thanks for that feedback, nicely written and covers everything.  The positives are what I was hoping for and to some degree expecting based on other comments/reviews.  One question George, when you say the best sound in your room, have you had the Vandersteen 5A's in there?  This room is different than the one in your system profile showing those.

Jeff

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:30 am »
Thanks for that feedback, nicely written and covers everything.  The positives are what I was hoping for and to some degree expecting based on other comments/reviews.  One question George, when you say the best sound in your room, have you had the Vandersteen 5A's in there?  This room is different than the one in your system profile showing those.

Jeff

Jeff,

I have had my Vandy 5A's in this room, but not with the other gear I am using right now with the M3 Turbo S.

I am in the process of having both sub amps replaced in the 5A's, so it will be a bit before I can do a direct comparison.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:47 am »
Very well said George! 

Can I say I told ya so?  :lol:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:52 am »
Kudos to Clayton for having the Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers play such a large role in me achieving that.

Highly, highly, recommended and well worth the wait.

The M3 Turbo S's are a killer bargain for sure!  Nice summary about them, George!   8)

Vinnie

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:54 am »
The M3 Turbo S's are a killer bargain for sure!  Nice summary about them, George!   8)

Vinnie

Vinnie,

Your LIO is certainly the other major contributor to my awesome sound!   :thumb: :thumb:

George

schw06

« Reply #25 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:57 am »
Congratulations George! The LIO/Spatial magic is undeniable. So glad you're digging it.
David

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #26 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:00 am »
Vinnie,

Your LIO is certainly the other major contributor to my awesome sound!   :thumb: :thumb:

George

Thank you - it is a great pairing as you guys have found out and I'm glad I learned about it as well. 
When Clayton catches up (and when I catch up as well!), I will be calling him for a pair of my own!

George's system sounded really good!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:06 am »
Playing now through my Vinnie Rossi LIO and Spatial M3 Turbo S'.  Freakin' Awesome!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:13 am »
Playing now through my Vinnie Rossi LIO and Spatial M3 Turbo S'.  Freakin' Awesome!

That is one of my test tracks!! 

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:16 am »
That is one of my test tracks!! 

George
Nice. 

Vinnie knows how I roll.   :green:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #30 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:20 am »
Nice. 

Vinnie knows how I roll.   :green:

RR brings back memories of 9th grade - great album!  :thumb:

Jason had an awesome after-hours playlist of music at AXPONA in the Spatial room.  Tori Candlebox, RR, Sarah B.,
Bon Jovi, Ottmar, and others.   Some were live cuts that sounded very big and real.  :drums: :guitar: :rock:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #31 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:49 am »
RR brings back memories of 9th grade - great album!  :thumb:

Jason had an awesome after-hours playlist of music at AXPONA in the Spatial room.  Tori Candlebox, RR, Sarah B.,
Bon Jovi, Ottmar, and others.   Some were live cuts that sounded very big and real.  :drums: :guitar: :rock:

Jason is the ultimate DJ. He plays REAL music, not just the usual solo female with guitar so prevalent at these so called "shows." If the system can't slam, play at near LIVE levels and pull you in with the detail, it's a definite pass for me. The usual music that is played at these shows will make any system sound good including boom boxes ...

Jason's selections separates the boys from the men. I've heard many systems just fall apart playing his selections :icon_twisted:

Best,
Anand.

rebbi

« Reply #32 on: 28 Jun 2016, 03:39 am »
Delighted to hear that you are enjoying them so much!   :thumb:

I still get great pleasure from my M4's - they're wonderful, too.

Enjoy!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: 1 Jul 2016, 04:27 pm »
Updated system picture is below.

I moved the LIO (with DHT, DAC, Input/Output, and Amp modules) to the front of the room.

The LIO is plugged into an UberBuss, which is plugged into a dedicated 20 amp line.

Later this weekend, I will be inserting my mono blocks back into the system and also continuing to play with speaker placement.

George

rebbi

« Reply #34 on: 1 Jul 2016, 04:29 pm »

I moved the LIO (with DHT, DAC, Input/Output, and Amp modules) to the front of the room.

The LIO is plugged into an UberBuss, which is plugged into a dedicated 20 amp line.

Later this weekend, I will be inserting my mono blocks back into the system and also continuing to play with speaker placement.

George

Such a beautiful setup!

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #35 on: 1 Jul 2016, 07:01 pm »
Really nice room!  Wish mine was that wide.  I hope to have M3 Turbo S in here this fall to compare to the current setup.  Also planning on a Dennis Had Insire tube amp to use with them.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #36 on: 1 Jul 2016, 07:03 pm »
Thanks for the comments.

Which Maggies are those?

My room isn't that wide...it is 21'10" x 12'10" x 8'

George

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 1 Jul 2016, 08:03 pm »
Really nice room!  Wish mine was that wide.  I hope to have M3 Turbo S in here this fall to compare to the current setup.  Also planning on a Dennis Had Insire tube amp to use with them.

You might as well pack those Maggie's up now.  The M3's have everything and then some of what Maggie's have.  Just imagine if the Maggie's had hard hitting slam at any SPL...and more!  Oh, and the CD design benefit of the M3's will lend itself to a non "perfect" room. 

mirekti

« Reply #38 on: 1 Jul 2016, 09:14 pm »

George

Are these M3 white with grey cloth/grill or it is black, but appears grey in the picture?
M3s really make a lot of itching, very, very tempting. 

logdar

« Reply #39 on: 1 Jul 2016, 09:32 pm »
Do the M3s come with the two silver feet as shown in your photos as an option?  I've saw them a few weeks ago at the Newport show w/no feet, just the 'T' support sitting on the ground?