Evolution STA vs AMG STA

morganc

Evolution STA vs AMG STA
« on: 9 Sep 2022, 01:03 am »
Hi guys….curious  to hear impressions lf anyone who has first hand experience  comparing the Evolution STA vs the AMG STA ?  Also has anyone paired either with Spatials? 

TIA

Larsf333

Re: Evolution STA vs AMG STA
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2022, 08:28 am »
I have compared amg/sta, evo sta and evo one earlier this year.
In 2021 I bought amg pra and amg sta, and was actually very satisfied, they really played well with my system audio pandion 50 speakers. Later, an evo dac was added to the setup, and that really made digital music sound right.

I read several very good reviews of the evo one and decided to try them out. In early 2022, the evo sta became avallable, and I received a demo set of evo one, and a brand new evo sta for testing.
The evo sta needed quite a long time for burning in, but after 200 hours the sound was excellent, but still improving.
All 3 amps sounded very well, all producing music with a good soundstage. Evo one and evo sta has more effect, and Had a fantastic grip on the lower octaves.
My test ended with an upgrade, I decided to upgrade to the evo sta, and I am very satisfied with the result.

rustydoglim

Re: Evolution STA vs AMG STA
« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2022, 07:00 pm »
Hi guys….curious  to hear impressions lf anyone who has first hand experience  comparing the Evolution STA vs the AMG STA ?  Also has anyone paired either with Spatials? 

TIA

Evolution STA and AMG STA sounded quite different, so I think your decision will be influenced a lot by your music preference (and budget). Look for the reviews of both amps on https://www.hifi-advice.com/