Criterion cabinet prices

Brian Bunge

Criterion cabinet prices
« on: 3 Jan 2003, 06:51 pm »
OK, I've talked things over with Danny and we've worked out the pricing. Danny gave me the go ahead for the 1.125" MDF. There's just not going to be any issues with cabinet flex with such small panels.

So here goes. The Criterion cabinets will be $200 each in either oak, maple or cherry finishes. No upcharge for maple or cherry. We'll be doing the full veneer wrap just like on the A/V series cabinets. You can also purchase matching stands for an additional $199/pr. Danny will be updating his website so that orders can be placed directly through him.

If there are any questions just let me know.

Walt

Re: Criterion cabinet prices
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2003, 04:14 pm »
If you're not going to make them yourself, get them from Brian. I ordered a flat kit before X-mas from creativesound.ca  through Danny. I know the order was placed then, but I still haven't gotten the kit, and apparently there's no way to track it. If I would have known it would have been this much of a pain, I would have had Brian just do them from the start. I've had the kit for more than a month, and soldered up the X/O the first day. I sold my commercial living room speakers to help pay for these and a new amp and cd player, and have been music-less in the living room waiting for the kit. I don't blame Danny at all, since he sent me all the stuff he could right away, and has just been great to work with. The flat kit from creativesound on the otherhand, has been a very different experience.  :cry: I'm kicking myself now for not going with Brian/Rutledge from the start. Even if it still would have taken the same amount of time, at least I'd know where things stood instead of this kind of saga: " Oh... we're going to be on vacation for 2 weeks,  Oh we'll ship it monday, Um.... We didn't ship it last monday, but we'll ship it next monday. Oh, there was a problem with the baffle, so we'll send you another baffle. You still didn't receieve anything? Sorry, we cant track any of this stuff, but you'll probably get it soon."

Now I'll admit, patience isn't one of my strong points. But I think this would be irritating to anyone.

audiojerry

Criterion cabinet prices
« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2003, 09:54 pm »
Did you pay with a credit card?
Cancel the order, and if the merchant gives you flack, notify you credit card company to reverse the charge to your card. You have a legitimate complaint.

Brian Bunge

Criterion cabinet prices
« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2003, 10:07 pm »
Walt,

If things don't work out for you, I've got a spare pair of Criterion cabinets already assembled that I could sell you.  Or we'd even cut out the flats for you if you'd like.  The flats that we built for Danny were in pretty bad shape as well, but it's my understanding that CSS is fixing these problems.  At least when we cut out each piece of material ourselves we know that they're right when we send them out.  With a bunch of CNC'd pieces you don't know if they're all right unless you check each piece before it goes out.  Unfortunately, that would be way too time consuming.

Like I said, if you want we can still do something for you.  The price will be a bit higher, but you'll get it sooner and the shipping will be less.