Audio Adventures:Walker Audio SST Treatment Contact Enhancer

Mad DOg

Episode 1:

Here I was going happily along my audio way minding my own business enjoying my newly acquired Argent Audio Jaden Signature IC and the Eichmann AC cable when Cryotweaks tells me that he has something he wants me to "try"....Hmm...I'm thinking, "How much better can my system possibly sound since the lastest additions have taken my system to another level." When I finally see what Cryotweaks wants me to try, I'm almost rolling on the ground. He pulls out a small comestics jar w/ some cosmetics applicators!  What the hell??? First off, I'm no cross dresser and secondly, what does make up have to do with audio???  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?  :?  :?

As I'm wondering what kind of sick bastard Mike takes me for, he proceeds to explain that the cream in the small cosmetics jar is not part of this year's Halloween costume but it is Walker Audio's Super Silver Treatment Contact Enhancer. Now I see how this relates to audio! Seeing is all good but I need to HEAR how it relates to audio! :wink:

Stay tuned for Episode 2 of the Mad Dog Audio Adventures!

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2004, 08:19 pm »
We all know you're a FREAK MD!  No need to deny it.  Be yourself, we'll except you as you really are  :lol:

Mad DOg

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2004, 10:14 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
We all know you're a FREAK MD!  No need to deny it.  Be yourself, we'll except you as you really are  :lol:

yeah...i feel "excepted" already... :(

TheChairGuy

« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2004, 10:35 pm »
Allrighty, I get it, April 1!

I thought those kinda' shenanigans were beneath you, Mad DOg  :nono:

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2004, 10:47 pm »
Oh yeah..... :o

I've seen Mad DOg get his freak on several times.

And I'm sure him and Mike probably put that silver eyeshadow on all their speaker cables when no ones around :o

Mad DOg

« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2004, 11:03 pm »
Quote from: TheChairGuy
Allrighty, I get it, April 1!

I thought those kinda' shenanigans were beneath you, Mad DOg  :nono:

Actually, this isn't an April Fools joke! In fact, I didn't even realize this was April Fools Day!!! Thanks for the reminder tho...

I will be sharing my impressions of this product in this thread...

Pirate

« Reply #6 on: 1 Apr 2004, 11:46 pm »
OOooh, He's good! :lol:  Hows your Poker Face Mad Dog :wink:

Marbles

« Reply #7 on: 1 Apr 2004, 11:48 pm »
Quote from: Pirate
OOooh, He's good! :lol:  Hows your Poker Face Mad Dog :wink:

Hard to tell underneath all that makeup  :lol:

mgalusha

« Reply #8 on: 1 Apr 2004, 11:56 pm »
Hard to tell underneath all that makeup  :lol:

MadDOg's makeup?  :D

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 2 Apr 2004, 12:08 am »
Getting back on track (since my make up comment threw us off a bit) I will not steal MDs thunder on this review, but we did a "partial" system tweak with the above mentioned product on my system and it truly did something special.

This is NO April Fools joke :nono:

(except my eyeshadow comment...not a recommended use  :nono: by the way)

Marbles

« Reply #10 on: 2 Apr 2004, 12:14 am »
So I take it the idea is that silver is a great conductor and the signal rides on this make up?  I can see that happening.

Mad DOg

ROTFLMAO!!!
« Reply #11 on: 2 Apr 2004, 12:16 am »
:rotflmao:

Guys,

I can't stop laughing now!  :lol:

I really feel "excepted" now! :mrgreen:

mgalusha

« Reply #12 on: 2 Apr 2004, 12:19 am »
Quote from: John Casler
Getting back on track (since my make up comment threw us off a bit) I will not steal MDs thunder on this review, but we did a "partial" system tweak with the above mentioned product on my system and it truly did something special.

This is NO April Fools joke :nono:

(except my eyeshadow comment...not a recommended use  :nono: by the way)

I know John, but it certainly does *look* like a makeup jar. I read his reivew of the Eichman cables and how well the Walker SST worked and am looking forward to part deux of this revue. :D Maybe it's time to trade in the Pro Gold.

mike g

MttBsh

I like it
« Reply #13 on: 2 Apr 2004, 01:21 am »
I too was done upgrading. I had achieved audio nirvana with a new HDXV digital cable feeding a Scott Nixon Tubedac +, brand new Space Tech labs tubed preamp, ZR digital amplifier, Ridge Street ICs, Soliloquy speakers.

Last week I'm reading about this SST stuff, and I thought what the heck, I'll try some just to see what the hubub was all about.  It arrived in 2 days. I applied it to every metal to metal connection in my system - PCs, I/Cs, IECs, even the tubes, and was quite amazed by the increased focus, detail, slam and soundstage that resulted. Unquestionably the best $70.00 I ever spent on audio. Interesting that the sound continued to improve for at least the first 10 hours of play. I guess even goop has to break in. By the way, I used pro Gold before and thought I noticed a marginal improvement, SST is in a whole different league. It increases the conductivity and lets you hear your system's true potential. I didn't have to try to hear the difference.
No April Fools joke.

Matt

John Casler

« Reply #14 on: 2 Apr 2004, 02:09 am »
Yeah, I was so impressed that I'm going to contact them tomorrow about dealer pricing and maybe include it in with my cable/IC packages.

Again, I'm gonna let MD "spill the beans", but on a level of fine "inner detail" I have never heard a product/tweak add that "Maxwell House" quality (last drop) so well, and again it was "only on" three components of the chain.

I think a really fun test would be to take some lesser cables and see what results.

I am a strong beleiver that no matter hwo good your wires, cables and interconnects are, the "connections" are what offer the greatest room for signal degradation, and tweaks like this offer a way to improve that connection and reduce degradation.

I have also heard that Goldschlager Schnapps Liqueur is also good for this, but have never tried it.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #15 on: 2 Apr 2004, 03:19 am »
So I take it the idea is that silver is a great conductor and the signal rides on this make up?  I can see that happening.

Wouldn't this 'cause some pretty serious skin-effect.... :!:

Mad DOg

Episode 2
« Reply #16 on: 3 Apr 2004, 01:18 am »
So how did the Walker SST stuff work in my system? As I mentioned, I had serious doubts as the new cabling did wonders for my system already so what difference could any "audio beauty cream" make ifany at all?

I figured I'd apply some of the beauty cream to the RCA jacks of my P-Tech P-3/A DAC and the Argent Audio Jaden Signature RCA IC connectors first since changes in the path of the source are generally more readily apparent...a dab, dab here and a dab, dab there...here a dab, there a dab, everywhere a dab!!! :singing: plug back in...power everything back on...

WHOA, NELLIE! how big a difference did the "beauty cream" make? well, do you remember the first time you saw that HOT babe in your college dorm without make up on in the morning? Uh, YEAH! this was exactly the type of reaction I had except it was it was positive!  :rotflmao:

the difference it made to the sound in my system was the equivalent of wiping off a layer of film or haze off a window or mirror. Everything sounded clearer and more focused. The image was tighter. The bass was stronger and more defined. The mids were even more detailed. The highs were even more transparent and airier. I just couldn't believe that some silver stuff that appeared to be coming out of a girlie make up kit could improve the sound of my system! I immediately raided my wife's cosmetics kit and began coating my CDs with lipstick similar to the green CD pen, applying powder to the outer case of the transport to absorb vibration...NO NO NO...i'm really just kidding about trying these last tweaks!!!  :lol:

since it worked so well applying it to the source, I proceeded to apply some to the digital cable between the CD transport to the P-1/A and between the P-1/A and P-3/A DAC at the I2S connections...I experienced even more clarity...especially in the bass region...now I was EXCITED!!! Put on them dancing shoes! Where else can I apply this cool silver stuff!  :dance:

On the ICs between the amp and preamp...WOOHOO!!! on the PC...Oops! Scratch that...Eich PC isn't mine...YET...don't want to apply this to something I don't yet own...But you get the picture...

Seriously, this stuff is the real deal in my system! Amazing revolutionary kind of improvements in sound from this product...And a small jar will last you litereally a lifetime even for someone who is constantly replacing cables to audition...

Of course being the curious dawg that I am...I know, i know....curiousity is for cats...but i was a curious dawg, I wanted to see how this stuff worked in another system...looking around, i decided that John Casler would be the unsuspecting victim of my choice!

Stay tuned for episode 3 where I ambush big, buff girlie man, John Casler w/ the "secret beauty cream"!!! :mrgreen:

Sa-dono

« Reply #17 on: 3 Apr 2004, 04:58 am »

And I'm sure him and Mike probably put that silver eyeshadow on all their speaker cables when no ones around :o

Quote from: Mad DOg
Stay tuned for episode 3 where I ambush big, buff girlie man, John Casler w/ the "secret beauty cream"!!! :mrgreen:

Gosh..I leave LA and you all turn queer! :nono: :rotflmao: "Not that there's anything wrong with that." :P

Mad DOg

« Reply #18 on: 3 Apr 2004, 05:55 am »
Quote from: Sa-dono

Quote from: Mad DOg

Gosh..I leave LA and you all turn queer! :nono: :rotflmao: "Not that there's anything wrong with that." :P

hey, this is hollywood...nothing should surprise you from the folks here! ;)