Vandersteen Kento Carbon an new model $37K

mgsboedmisodpc2

Vandersteen Kento Carbon an new model $37K
« on: 10 Nov 2019, 12:09 pm »
"Vandersteen explained that the Kēnto Carbon replaces the 25-year old Model 5 series|"
"The Kēnto Carbon, which weights 110 lbs. and stands 47” tall, has an aerodynamic dual-chamber transmission line-loaded carbon dome with ferro fluid voice coil cooling, a 4.5” "Perfect Piston" midrange with 3-layer carbon fiber/Balsa/carbon fiber cone, and a 6.5” woven fiber cone woofer. Frequency response is 23Hz-40kHz +/1 3dB, sensitivity is 85db, and impedance is 4 ohms."

wow gone are the model 5 twelve inch woofers replaced by nine inch woofers

https://vandersteen.com/products/?dir=kento-carbon

KĒNTO Carbon Specifications
Tweeter
1” Exclusive Aerodynamic Dual-Chamber, Transmission-Line Loaded Carbon Dome with Ferrofluid Voice-Coil Cooling
Midrange
4.5” Patented Perfect Piston™ Midrange with 3-Layer Carbon Fiber/Balsa/Carbon Fiber Cone, Die-Cast Aerodynamic Basket with Neo-Magnet Assembly and Ferrofluid Voice-Coil Cooling
Mid-Woofer
6.5” Woven-Fiber Cone and Precision-Formed Magnet Assembly Copper Faraday Ring
Subwoofer(s)
(2) 9" Aluminum Drivers with Long-Throw Motor Assemblies
Phase
Positive
Subwoofer Amplifier
400-Watt Class B High-Current Amplifier with Fully Regulated Switching Power Supply
Recommended Amplification
40-200 Watts Into 8 Ohms
Frequency Response
23 Hz – 40kHz +/- 3dB
Sensitivity
87 dB, 1 meter/2.83 volt input
Impedance
8 ohms +/- 3 ohms
Crossovers
First order/6dB per octave, 200Hz, 900Hz, 5kHz
Input Terminals
Barrier strips, 7/16" max width
Dimensions (WHD)
12” x 47” x 19”
Weight
170 lbs. Ea. Net / 200 Shipping Gross
Country of Manufacture
Made in the USA

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
Re: Vandersteen Kento Carbon an new model $37K
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2023, 12:47 am »
Indeed.  BTW, is there a name somewhere within ' mgsboedmisodpc2'?   :)

I'm a former owner of 5As and currently have and really like PS Audio FR20s, but I'm now talking to dealers about a pair of Kentos in Rosewood.  I found a used pair of Kentos and a demo pair of M5-HPAs on the east coast, but the 1st couldn't be shipped and the existance of the latter was an error.  Oh well...  Have found a local dealer in Phoenix and am waiting for final prices on the Kentos with Teflon-cap inline filters or maybe the M5-HPA amps.  With pairs of PS Audio M1200 (1200 Watts into 4) and Moon/Simaudio 400M (650 into 4) monoamps, probably I won't be stretching to the M5 hi-pass amps.

Any Kento owners out there?

« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2023, 07:45 am by jeffreybehr »