LGK Wedge and Bass Unit Build

Captainhemo

Re: LGK Wedge and Bass Unit Build
« Reply #80 on: 26 Sep 2015, 10:07 pm »
If you are going to the effort to build a pair,  for the price of a couple sheets of no rez, I'd personally  just do  it.
I don't see the point of "penny pinching" at  this level

I know these aren't the same  as the  H-frames with  the 12" drives, but the principal is.  I believe it was Tyson who  started off sans no rez  with his  Super  7's and said  he was shocked at the difference it made after adding it.

jay
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2015, 12:27 am by Captainhemo »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #81 on: 26 Sep 2015, 10:47 pm »
Haha, did I hear my name?  Yes, Norez made a big difference on my Super 7's. 

bdp24

« Reply #82 on: 26 Sep 2015, 11:05 pm »
Haha, did I hear my name?  Yes, Norez made a big difference on my Super 7's.

Tyson, did you put the No Rez on the Super 7 upper-frequency driver baffles? I'm thinking about putting it on the 1' X 4' MDF baffles of my panel speakers (180Hz up). It hadn't occurred to me until a couple of days ago, for some reason.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #83 on: 27 Sep 2015, 02:39 am »
No, just the bass section. 

SteveKi

« Reply #84 on: 12 Nov 2015, 04:17 pm »
Since these speakers are going to be painted, once they were glued up I needed to stabilize the seams so they won't show through the paint. To do this, I cut a groove along each seam then filled this with Bondo glass which is a fiberglass reinforced Bondo.  Due to the shape of the Wedges and already having the front edges rounded over I didn't want to try using a router to cut the grooves. So instead, I used handheld wood carving tools to gouge out the grooves then sanded them with 80 grit paper to feather the edges and rough up a surface for the Bondo to bind to.

Then I applied the Bondo glass

Mike

Mike,
I discovered that Bondo makes a 'Wood Filler' version. Have you ever used it?

Steve