Arcam prices in Oz

Ranger

Arcam prices in Oz
« on: 24 Jul 2003, 08:20 am »
Hi all,
As you can see from my sig I'm one of those bloody Pom's  :lol:  anyway to make matters worse I shall be moving down under in a couple of months (I can't wait for the ribbing I'm going to get re sport :wink: ) and I'm contemplating whether to buy an Arcam P7 over here and pay the import charge when I get to Oz or buy it in Oz.
The only problem is that the Ozzie prices seem to be around double what I would pay "net" to a dealer over here. So the real question is, Can you get a reasonable discount from dealers in Oz and what amounts 10%, 15% etc.

Cheers
John

Rocket

hi
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2003, 10:02 am »
hi,

you probably will be able to obtain a 10% discount from a dealer.

that would be about it though.  hifi is very expensive in australia that
is why i buy direct over the internet.  i would buy everything before leaving the uk.

btw where are you going to live?

regards

rocket

Ranger

Arcam prices in Oz
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2003, 12:26 pm »
Hi rocket,
Thanks very much for your reply, much appreciated.

Not 100% certain of where we're going to live at the moment, Melbourne is favourite at present. My wife is from Wagga so we are going to use that as a base to look around (won't be living there though, too slow, my wife has been in London now for 9 years so you likes the bigger city). We'll probably look at Sydney, but prices for real estate there are a joke, so it would have to be further south.

I see you are from Perth, I have 2 friends who used to live there and they raved about it, trouble is its a zillion miles from anywhere. We'll probably get a flight over there to have a look though. Brisbane and the Gold Coast are nice, but not certain if I can do without a bit of cold occasionally  :lol:

Tas looks really nice, but again might be a bit too slow pace

navi

Arcam prices in Oz
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2003, 02:13 pm »
with british audio products it can be over priced in australia- for example- the arcam CD player which i was once considering- cost 800 pounds in UK here it was just under $3,000 AUD

and one more thing.......Melbourne is the best place to live in australia-