Malcolm Fear

Eichmann Bullets in Australia
« on: 13 Jul 2003, 08:46 am »
Anyone know the best (cheapest) place to get Eichmann Bullet Plugs

navi

« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2003, 11:52 am »
i know that simply hi-fi sells it for $75 for a set of 4

but if u find a place that sells it cheaper tell me!

navi
Melb.

bluesky

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2003, 06:37 am »
Hi Malcolm

The head office of Eichmann Technologies is just down the road from me here in Brisbane.  I enquired about getting some bullets from them at one stage but they don't sell "to the public!".

Parts Connexion seems to have a good price, but they're not in Australia.  Another option is to try for a group buy from someone here in Australia.  There just might be enough takers for us to get a very good deal from a high end store somewhere.  

Either that or we pretend to be a company and buy a bunch under that disguise from the distributor!  :lol:

Cheers, Ian

TG

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2003, 03:00 pm »
Brian Cherry at DIY Hi-Fi Supply in Hong Kong carries them.  Good guy, easy to order, takes PayPal.

http://www.diyhifisupply.com/parts/cable&wire.html

Cheers

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2003, 02:11 am »
Can I be the first to comment here how ridiculous it is that an Australian product is cheaper to buy overseas than it is here? A set of four plugs is $34 from www.hndme.com, which is about A$50.

Paul L

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2003, 05:44 am »
I am not surprise.  Anyone remember the soft-top Ford Caprice that made in Australia is selling cheaper in USA than in Australia.

Actually, the SRP of Eichmann is very consistent through out the world.  It is which retailer can take minimal profit.  Canadian dealer TakeFive is selling CAD39.95 for a set of 4 if you buy 5 set or more.  I will let him take all the sales despite I am an Eichmann dealer in Canada as well.

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2003, 09:24 am »
Looks like it's gone up to CA$50 per set, which is A$55 or so:

http://www.takefiveaudio.com/eichmann_bullet_plugs.htm

Paul, can you tell us the wholesale price of the plugs?

Just curious... ;)

Paul L

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2003, 04:45 pm »
Hi John,

Dealer cost is confidential.  But I can tell you that CAD$50 is a much more reasonable price in Canada.  Don't forget Canadian has PST and GST add on.  Australian price includes GST already, isn't it?  Work out pretty close.