Aussie Winter

Oz_Audio

Aussie Winter
« Reply #40 on: 22 Jul 2003, 10:51 pm »
An earlier thread ask where to spend their golden years in OZ.

No question: Queensland Surfers Paradise, Noosa or Harvey Bay.  These 3 areas have about 1M people who have moved from the southern states.  300 days of sunshine a year, great beaches, and you only need 1 sweater for the rest of your life!

Personally, I would not live their, its called Sydneys northern suburb even though its over 1000 miles from Sydney!

If life was perfect, I would live here in Darwin in the "Dry" and move down south in the "Wet", but life is not perfect, so I stay here in Darwin for the "Wet" as well.

Prices here in Darwin are AUD$250,000 for a 4 bedroom House to AUD$2M for a  Larrakeyah or a marina mansion at Cullen Bay.  Petrol is $0.97 a litre and being over 3000km from the other major city's, prices for food etc is high as well.

If I was to live anywhere else, The north west Coast of WA or Far North Queensland are good.  Good weather, great fishing and no people!!

Mark

TheeeChosenOne

Australia vs. New Zealand
« Reply #41 on: 23 Jul 2003, 12:13 am »
How does quality of life in New Zealand compare with Australia?........

bally

• http://www.kirrabilli.co.nz
Aussie Winter
« Reply #42 on: 23 Jul 2003, 12:49 am »
Quality of life in NZ(South Island)compares very favourably.Wages are a wee bit lower but housing is a lot cheaper,as are most cars.
Christchurch has a very British feel to it with the river Avon running thru the middle of it,very green ,lots of parks.Compared to Sydney it is probably like living in large suburb.Traffic is minimal.Realy Cruisy.
The Scenery is stunning it would probably take 20 mins driveout of the CBD to be going thru farmland.Mt Hutt Skifield just over an hour away.
I also lived in Queenstown for 7 years.Very special place,surrounded by mountains with Lake Wakatipu right next to town.A bit crowded now but if you know where to go you wont see another soul all day.Great fishing,hunting,the home of Bungy jumping,jetboating,etc etc etc.
Worthwhile having a look on the net.I just wish their Rugby team(the All Blacks)were not playing so well at the moment.Doesnt look that flash for the Wallabies.
Cheers
Peter Ball