Will this Work??

crams1111

Will this Work??
« on: 6 Feb 2023, 09:32 pm »
Wondering if anyone has tried this.

Goal: run three sets of speakers simultaneously from single source..... without frying amp.

Reason: want to setup my own little "wall of sound" to go with my vinyl grateful dead live shows LOL ... anyone not familiar w the term "wall of sound" just go ahead and google that ;-)

So here's what I "think" should work:

TT/BP2 => BP26

BP26 main outs => 3B3 => Middle T's
BP26 second set of main outs => B135 pre-amp inputs => B135 main outs to Mini T's
B135 power amp outs to old vintage NAD power amp => 3rd set of speakers TBD

So... is that crazy, or should it work? I'm really just doing it cause I think it should work and want to see what it would sound like before I unload some of my extra gear. And yeah, WALL OF SOUND for some dead shows baby!

Lemme know what y'all think.

Mag

Re: Will this Work??
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2023, 11:43 pm »
Well I'm doing something similar with 2 sets of tower speakers, Model T's and Paradigm Studio 100 v2. I'm using a Yamaha Mixer MG-10 with balanced cables to two 3B SST/2 amps in stereo mode. I had tried this with just the Yamaha mixer acting as a pre-amp and it worked. But inserting my SP2 into the chain as the pre-amp the source signal is much more refined. Also have BDA-1 dac inserted before the SP2, by doing this the source signal is upsampled twice, dac to SP2, dac digital stereo in SP2 to Yamaha mixer, with Yamaha mixer I then adjust Gain level, Line lever, treble, mids, bass and output volume. I get excellent sound IMO.

Don't know what else to say, maybe you don't need 3 sets of speakers, 2 sets should do the job. :smoke:

crams1111

Re: Will this Work??
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2023, 09:07 pm »
Thanks Mag!