Vintage Japanese fun

Bobdod

Vintage Japanese fun
« on: 4 Feb 2023, 10:00 pm »
Hello, new member, vintage gear here. I've got a few vintage treasures that were sold only in Japan. I'll be restoring two of these this year. I figured I'd see if anyone here may have any experience or info with these (unlikely, but figured I'd check in).
Up first is a Hitachi (Lo-D in Japan) HA-500F Vfet integrated amp. It is rare, even in Japan. 50wpc, and unique Hitachi output Vfet devices.

Second is a Mitsubishi (Diatone in Japan) DA-A100 power amp. Looks the part and unmistakable high end stuff.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Vintage Japanese fun
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2023, 10:56 pm »
Great stuff  :thumb:
Seems it have phono MM MC input or not?

Bobdod

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2023, 11:21 pm »
Great stuff  :thumb:
Seems it have phono MM MC input or not?

The Hitachi has two phono units, one of which has a switch on the back panel allowing to select between 5mv or 2mv input sensitivity.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2023, 11:44 pm »
Seems a hi value integrated, FET amps usually have good sound.

Bobdod

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2023, 12:03 am »
I intend to find out. Have not listened to it yet. Vfets are not possible to replace so I must remove them first, restore the unit, then re-install them, before I know how well it sounds. Vfet amps are not for the faint of heart. One mistake can mean the vfets die and the amp is no longer fixable.