Fostex Supertweeter DCR Mismatch

Hyperkin

Fostex Supertweeter DCR Mismatch
« on: 28 Aug 2020, 05:20 pm »
Good morning / Good afternoon,

Just wondering, have anyone test the DCR on their Fostex Supertweeter? Did they match as pairs?

I bought a pair of T500mkiii recently, and one driver shown 7.2ohm  DCR other shown 6.5ohm. Tested many times during the few weeks, same result.

On the Room EQ measurement, curve looks well matched, however there is 1-2db different overall, This was done by switching the tweeter only, mic and mount kept at same place, tweeter placement as close as possible on top of the hornbox.

Is this something I should be concerned of? For the price they asked considering...

I apologize if this was posted to the wrong section.

Stay safe everyone.

shooter

Re: Fostex Supertweeter DCR Mismatch
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2020, 02:35 pm »
I have the mkII not the latest mkIII, I can measure mine to check the DCR, but I am currently not living at home and not expected to return for another month or two, mean time you should contact who you bought from, QC should be better for such expensive tweeters.

Hyperkin

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2020, 12:57 am »
I have the mkII not the latest mkIII, I can measure mine to check the DCR, but I am currently not living at home and not expected to return for another month or two, mean time you should contact who you bought from, QC should be better for such expensive tweeters.

Thank you, that will be helpful. I agree the QC should be better. My assumption is Fostex did the match by the respond curve, not the DCR, but 1-2db is not small either, consider fostex ship these tweeters in pairs in their box. Maybe this pair is bad.

I contacted the dealer, seems like it is up to me if I want to ship it back to them for their inspection. They been helpful, but only to certain extend without measuring the tweeters with their equipment.

These sounds awesome, but frustrating at same time.

shooter

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2020, 09:53 pm »
Finally have a chance to measure mine both have DCR of exactly 6.8 ohms.