Schitt Turntable

CELT in AR

• Space Doggy
Re: Schitt Turntable
« Reply #20 on: 6 Sep 2019, 06:54 pm »
"Oh gosh I had a Phase Linear anti-pop and tick "box" just to get rid of those nasty things!!"

It's called cleaning your vinyl.  I rarely ever hear a tick or a pop...

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 7 Sep 2019, 12:49 am »
Oh but the Phase Linear was more than a simple piece of gear.....take a read...

https://kenrockwell.com/audio/phase-linear/autocorrelator.htm

Phase Linear Autocorrelator
Noise Reduction and Dynamic Range Recovery (late 1970s)

oh, believe me I had Dstat, discwasher, polonium radioactive static tool, and God I cant remember all the crap
I used to keep my vinyl clean, never touching the records etc...ah what fun!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #22 on: 7 Sep 2019, 10:22 am »
I have one of those Flame Linear boxes sitting on a shelf.
I'll have to break it out and give it a go.

For pops and ticks a real record cleaning machine is the way to go.
Without one you'll ALWAYS have pops and clicks, with one and a good album probably not.
I use an old VPI 16.5 and then give the side being played a quick swipe with a damp Discwasher with really good results.

bh5280

« Reply #23 on: 8 Sep 2019, 12:23 am »
I have quite a few pieces of their gear, 6 actually, and am intrigued by the Sol for the simple reason I have always wanted a twin-arm table so I can swap from stereo to mono and back quickly.
The Sol looks like it will afford an easily swappable arm mounted with a second cartridge and minimal fuss.
I got to check it out in person today at RMAF, still think I want it, but will wait for some real user reviews to roll in.
And, as another poster mentioned, there will most likely be some sort of revision in the future, being patient might pay off, but again, will be more predicated on real user feedback, I am not that patient typically.

xsb7244

« Reply #24 on: 21 Dec 2019, 10:22 pm »
I am glad turntable was sold to beta testers or it would never come out and remain in the lab forever.  A lot of feedback from users on other forums.  Sol undergoing changes to make it better.  One day in 2020 or maybe 2021!  Patience will be rewarded and the final Sol will be released.

wushuliu

« Reply #25 on: 25 Jan 2020, 12:46 am »
I am glad turntable was sold to beta testers or it would never come out and remain in the lab forever.  A lot of feedback from users on other forums.  Sol undergoing changes to make it better.  One day in 2020 or maybe 2021!  Patience will be rewarded and the final Sol will be released.

The Sol will be re-released next month. I'm glad they are giving it another go. It all goes to show just how much work is required to design and market tables and why so many companies choose to either outsource some variation of the same model and rebrand, or stick to the most basic design possible in-house (of course while telling you it's because simpler sounds better).

xsb7244

« Reply #26 on: 27 Jan 2020, 12:26 am »
Does anybody know if Sol can use different brands of tonearms?  That will make Sol very versatile.

Opus Flatus

« Reply #27 on: 27 Jan 2020, 04:23 am »
The SOL turntable will only work with their unipivot arm. The arm was recently redesigned during the beta for original purchasers. The new arm has the a longer headshell and slightly shorter shaft, same length over all as original. Im still using the original arm. Im very happy with my table.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #28 on: 27 Apr 2021, 07:47 am »
Well I went searching the forum for a relevant post about this turntable, and digging up this one seemed the best option. I took the plunge and bought the Sol, assembled and set up quickly this evening. I didn't even get as far as putting on my current cart, just leaving the cheap AT one it came with on there for the moment. First impressions is holy crap this thing is going to be good. Wow is super low, but it does run a bit hot at 33.55 but that can be fixed with a speedbox. Not hugely noticed except for long drawn piano keystrokes. Other than that it seems they fixed a large amoubt of their initial issues like headshell length and excessive platter wobble. The detail and musicality of it playing is just unbelievable. And mind you, I spend just 30 minutes of assembly and fiddling which is hardly enough time past watching the setup videos. After a bit more fiddling this week, we're going to be having some fun here. Just thought I'd give an update if anyone cared to read.

-Lloyd

Opus Flatus

« Reply #29 on: 27 Apr 2021, 03:18 pm »
That's good to hear. Check out Conrad's (the designer) set up video on Youtube if you haven't already. The latest update was on Feb 6, 2021. HE presents great setup tips and design perspectives of the SOL.

Enjoy!